Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

Airport list, names and caps

FGRun is a no-longer maintained graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

Airport list, names and caps

Postby hihihi100 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi there:

In the aiport list inside FGRun, if I type the name of an airport, it will shows the results by alphabetical order, but it always differenciates the names that are written with all caps and the ones that are not, so, if, for instance, I want to take off from Hong Kong international, it will only list an airport named HON, and I will have to move downwards untill I reach the part that is not written with caps.

Am I the only one? Is it a bug?
hihihi100

IRC name: Flyer
Version: GIT

Re: Airport list, names and caps

Postby 439Tiger » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi There HiHiHi,

I just checked my FGRun and you are correct, I wouldn't say it's a bug as such but the problem, I guess, is that the name list is case sensitive. I'm not a programmer, but I don't think it should be very difficult to modify, maybe it would be a good idea to let Curt or Gijs know before version 2.2 is released.

Bob
Specializing in Canadian built aircraft and aircraft flown by the RCAF

http://www.flightgearcanada.ca/ or: https://sites.google.com/site/flightgearcanada/
439Tiger

Callsign: C-CYSG
Version: 2.10.03

Re: Airport list, names and caps

Postby hihihi100 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:56 pm

and, by the way, why dont stick to just one way of writting the names? This doesnt mean we should report this issue and correct it

And, Chiang kai shek airport in Taiwan is now called Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, how do I ask for it to be renamed? How do I ask for a policy or writting the full names of the airports (for instance, no Intl, but International)
hihihi100

IRC name: Flyer
Version: GIT

Return to FGRun