Board index FlightGear Support Interfacing

First update FaceTrackNoIR

Connecting two computers, using generic protocol, connecting with Matlab?

First update FaceTrackNoIR

Postby V4Friend » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Hello FlightGear-fans,

After a period of testing and tweaking, we have now released the first update for FaceTrackNoIR. You can find it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/facetracknoir/files/
The update includes a few short-keys, to start/stop head-tracking while playing. Please try it and let us know what you think of it. :idea:

FaceTrackNoIR is now also compatible with PPJoy (virtual joystick) and together with GlovePIE it can be 'chained', so TrackIR games can now also use FaceTrackNoIR. Well, the older ones anyway. 8)

Please let us know, if you have successfully used FTNoIR with any game or flight-sim

V4Friend
V4Friend

Callsign: V4Friend

Re: Second update FaceTrackNoIR

Postby V4Friend » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Hello gamers and flight-simmers,

After some testing with FreeFalcon 5 and later with IL-2 and rFactor the second update for FaceTrackNoIR was released today. The major improvement is TrackIR-support. I guess all programs that are compatible with (unencrypted) TrackIR can now also use FaceTrackNoIR.

Please let me know if you have tried some 8)

V4Friend
Holland
V4Friend

Re: First update FaceTrackNoIR

Postby V4Friend » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Hello to you all,

I have worked on a few improvements since the holidays and just released the result of that: update 3 of FaceTrackNoIR :mrgreen:

Actually there are 2 versions: an update for people who already have FaceTrackNoIR and a new installer-version for new users. You can find both here: http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/information_links/download.htm

The new release (and the update) contain the following:
  • Auto-minimize feature
  • Configurable short-keys
  • Fix for R6030-error
  • Use of v3.2 faceAPI
I hope you will try it and let me know how it works...

P.S.: I have not changed the FlightGear-specific things yet...
P.S.2: I read users who would like a Mac or Linux version. Unfortunately, the faceAPI is not yet available for other OS's that Windows. Seems that SeeingMachines is working on it though...
V4Friend

Fourth update FaceTrackNoIR

Postby V4Friend » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Hello FlightGear-fans and (hopefully) FaceTrackNoIR-users,

After quite a bit of work, I have now released update 4 of FaceTrackNoIR :D .
The new version includes:

* configurable curves;
* support for Microsoft FS2002, 2004 and FSX;
* auto-start-tracking feature;
* improved stability;
* and some other tweaks;

As usual it can be downloaded here:
http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/information_links/download.htm

P.S.: In the next update I intend to make the IP-addresses configurable, so it will be possible to send headpose-data through your LAN. FlightGear-users with Linux that also have a (spare) Windows-PC can then run FaceTrackNoIR on one PC and FlightGear on the other.
V4Friend

Fifth update FaceTrackNoIR

Postby V4Friend » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:14 pm

Hello FlightGear users,

At last update 5 of FaceTrackNoIR is ready and released for all users. As usual, it can be downloaded here: http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/information_links/download.htm.

Update 5 contains new functionality, that may be very interesting for FlightGear users: the FlightGear protocol now also works across a Local Area Network (LAN). Users who run FlightGear on a MAC or Linux can now use a spare (Windows-) PC to run FaceTrackNoIR and experience the 'full fun of face-tracking' :mrgreen:

Please let me know if there are questions or even (positive) feedback...

Wim

P.S.: The website of FaceTrackNoIR was completely re-designed. Please take a look and tell us what you think of it?
V4Friend

Postby Vinura » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:58 am

FaceTrackNoIR is completely free right?

It's GNU isn't it?
Vinura

Version: GIT

Postby Johan G » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Vinura wrote in Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:58 am:FaceTrackNoIR is completely free right?

It's GNU isn't it?

Unfortunately FaceTrackNoIR, and also falafel's Headtrack, depends on OpenCV, a "register-ware" free, but closed source(?), library. :|

EDIT: Actually it is open source:
OpenCVWiki wrote:OpenCV is released under a BSD license, it is free for both academic and commercial use.

I don't know if it's licence is compatible with GNU GPL though. It may or may not.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby redneck » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:50 pm

I've decided to try this again, now that I got a new computer. I get a weird error whenever I try to run either faceAPI or FaceTrackNoIR: No DLLs were found in the Waterfall procedure. So, it seems I'm either missing something, or have files in the wrong place or something, which seems crazy to me, since I used the auto installer thing for both applications.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby Gijs » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby redneck » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks. Seems to sorta work for FSX, but so far no results for FG. Next, I gotta figure out how to get my AV to not remove it on me.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Postby redneck » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:54 pm

I got it working!!! Finally! Only there's a slight problem. It has a rotational offset to the left by about 30 degrees. Here, I've made a video. Sorry there's no narration. I forgot to enable mic recording.

EDIT: Hmm, it seems to work just fine with the Typhoon. I wonder why it behaved that way in the Cessna.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
redneck

Return to Interfacing