Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Commit your aircraft to GIT now!

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Commit your aircraft to GIT now!

Postby Gijs » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:34 pm

I believe that is a bug on the Gitorious side of things. Gitorious loads the entire commit history of fgdata when you want to do a merge request. Since FlightGear went through quite some developments over the past years, this is an enormous blob of data to load. Usually freezing my browser. It does seem to help a bit, if you git pull&push to sync your fgdata clone before pushing the merge-request commits.

I've mentioned this at the Gitorious IRC channel and one of the Gitorious-devs told me that they're working on a revamp of the system. Hopefully including a better way of merge requests. However, apparently some people seem to have little or no problems at all. Would be interesting to know what they do different (if they do)...
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby El Flauta » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:04 pm

Well, i made the push/pull before my commit; the "giant commit" was like automatically configured while i made the pull. I'll try again and again until it works... but when come to my house again (i'm away of home these days).

Thanks for your answers. :)
Vive FlightGear! Have you a Ñ on your keyboard? Spain-LatinAmerica FlightGear community!
--
PZL M18B Dromader
CASA C-101 Aviojet
Cessna 337G Skymaster
El Flauta

Callsign: CC-FLT
Version: 3

Postby skyop » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:17 am

Well I'm glad to say that Gitorius got its act together, and I can now file fgdata merge requests on the first try! :D

Still, I can't seem to figure out how to select just one commit for merging. When I click the radio button on my desired commit, the interface selects the entire range (from the last commit not merged to the commit I select).
Aircraft: [ CRJ700-family | DC-10-30 ] Scenery: [ KBFL ]
skyop

IRC name: skyop
Version: next

Postby AndersG » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:27 pm

skyop wrote in Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:17 am:Well I'm glad to say that Gitorius got its act together, and I can now file fgdata merge requests on the first try! :D

Still, I can't seem to figure out how to select just one commit for merging. When I click the radio button on my desired commit, the interface selects the entire range (from the last commit not merged to the commit I select).

That is what merging does. If that is not what you want you should create a new branch of origin/master that only contain the commits you want to merge and create a merge request from that branch. One way to copy selected commits to a new branch is git cherry-pick.
Approximate work-flow (off the top of my head):
Code: Select all
git branch -t my-merge-request origin/master
git checkout my-merge-request
git pull
git cherry-pick commitID1
git cherry-pick commitID2
git push my-gitorious my-merge-request

Use gitk or
git log my-other-branch
to find the commit IDs.

Cheers,
Anders
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Postby HHS » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:00 pm

And again 503-errors right after I updated my merge-request :cry:
Seems like gitorious.org has some big problems right now, as the whole page is instable (503 when calling www.gitorious.org!)
Up, up and away
HHS

Version: GIT

Postby Vinura » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:57 am

What about liveries for an aircraft?
Vinura

Version: GIT

Postby HHS » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Up, up and away
HHS