Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

Next version of FGRun (Ubuntu 10.10)

FGRun is a graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

Next version of FGRun (Ubuntu 10.10)

Postby hihihi100 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:39 pm

What bothers me about FGRun are the rendering options: in FGRun we can see a small menu with options, different from the menu with more options found inside FGFS. Is there any way the next version of FGRun can include in its rendering options menu square to activate-disactivate urban effect, sea effect, and so on?
hihihi100

IRC name: Flyer
Version: GIT

Re: Next version of FGRun (Ubuntu 10.10)

Postby chris_blues » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:57 pm

I don't think so. This is all done inside FlightGear! And it should be safed, so the next time you start FG, it'll be like the last time you closed FG...

Edit: well you can set the prop's in fgrun! this should look sth like this in your command line window of fgrun:
Code: Select all
--prop:/sim/rendering/transition-shader=1

You can find out, how the prop are called by searching through the Internal properties browser. ->menu -> debug -> browse internal properties
Every setting there can be set on startup via "--prop:/path/to/variable"

To get fgrun to compute these, click <more options> on the last page, goto properties and input the paths without the "--prop" prefix like "/sim/rendering/transition-shader=1". fgrun will do the rest... :)
Don't hesitate to let me know if I'm incorrect or just annoying! As long as you do it gently! :)
Debian testing 64bit - Athlon II 2x2.6GHz - 8GB RAM - GeForce GTS 450
Citation II
chris_blues

Callsign: chris_blues
Version: GIT

Return to FGRun