Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

reference for airport parking positions names

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

reference for airport parking positions names

Postby pjfleet » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:18 am

Is there a page somewhere that lists the parking position names for all airports, for multiplayer mode (using terrasync).

for example, I am looking at my local version of parking.xml for EGLL (heathrow) and there are multiple instances of parking positions names "A1111" and "A111". however, when I startup FGRun and attempt to startup at heathrow at a parking position named A1111 the program crashes. so I assume A1111 is not a valid parking position name for heathrow (multiplayer).

note that i have not downloaded the scenery for that area and am using terrasync multiplayer. running PC flightgear version 2.0.

so it would be really nice if there was a one stop reference page of the valid parking position names for online airports somewhere?
pjfleet

Re: reference for airport parking positions names

Postby pjfleet » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:54 am

in the meantime, I downloaded the scenery file to work around this.
pjfleet

Re: reference for airport parking positions names

Postby Gijs » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:56 pm

pjfleet wrote:I am looking at my local version of parking.xml for EGLL (heathrow) and there are multiple instances of parking positions names "A1111" and "A111". however, when I startup FGRun and attempt to startup at heathrow at a parking position named A1111 the program crashes.

I'd say the problem is in having multiple parking spots with the same name. EGLL has a very faulty parking file:
- naming is incorrect (not just the use of unexisting gate names, but also a wrong setup in the .xml file)
- gate orientation is incorrect

Any volunteer for cleaning up the mess? There are some nice (and up to date!) "Aircraft Ground Movement/Parking/Docking" charts available at http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/in ... d=143.html

Cheers,
Gijs
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Return to Multiplayer