Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

no startup parking positions in FGRun

FGRun is a no-longer maintained graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

no startup parking positions in FGRun

Postby pjfleet » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:29 pm

When I start FGRun and get to the airport selection dialog, for every airport I select, the Parking listbox on the bottom right of the screen is empty. This is where I would imagine you select the starting position for the aircraft so that it doesnt just startup on the main runway for the selected airport.

How do I get the starting positions for the airports to show up in the Parking listbox?
pjfleet

Re: no startup parking positions in FGRun

Postby Gijs » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Is it also empty for KSFO?
Only a small amount of airports have parking positions defined at the moment (you'll find them in $FG_ROOT/AI/Airports)...
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby zakalawe » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Note this behaviour is changing in Git version of FlightGear at the moment - run parking positions come from the scenery data instead (which should make keeping them in sync, and improving airports, simpler). I assume you're discussing FlightGear 2.0, where you can ignore everything I just said :)
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby pjfleet » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:29 am

Gijs wrote:Is it also empty for KSFO?
Only a small amount of airports have parking positions defined at the moment (you'll find them in $FG_ROOT/AI/Airports)...

the list is populated when I select KSFO.

the thing is, when you de-compress and open an airport in Taxidraw, there are startup positions defined in the map. but they dont show up in FGRun. I would have thought that if they were defined in the airport file for Taxidraw, then the startup positions would show up in the list in FGRun??
pjfleet

Postby statto » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:44 am

Not how it works - you have to recompile the scenery for that airport to get them to show.
Custom Scenery available from http://www.stattosoftware.com/flightgear
statto

Postby Gijs » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:25 am

pjfleet, are you using 2.0, or what version of FlightGear? You might want to set the fields in your profile, as they allow us to give you better support...
pjfleet wrote:the thing is, when you de-compress and open an airport in Taxidraw, there are startup positions defined in the map. but they dont show up in FGRun.

If you are with 1.9 or 2.0, you have to export these startup points (and further ground network) via File > Export AI Network and save it as a parking.xml file in your airports AI/Airports/ICAO directory (eg. for KSFO that is AI/Airport/KSFO/parking.xml).
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Return to FGRun