Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

FG Tracker Not Tracking

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: FG Tracker Not Tracking

Postby Trennor_ » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:51 pm

I just checked Tracker again; I'm using MP server 05, switched off from 10, and I notice none of my flights under my callsign TRENN have been tracked or are displayed, since September. I flew a Beaver in Hawaii last night, and Aerostar 700 in Central Canada Friday night, and neither of those flights are on the Tracker. And yes, multiplay is activated on my FG 2.0. Strangely enough, flights under my AVE0023 callsign HAVE been tracked . . .
trennor - Just Another Armchair Pilot

Thanks to all who have helped in the past. One day I'll return the favour.
Trennor_

Callsign: C-TREN, CHT0004
IRC name: trennor
Version: 2016.3.1

Postby henrikp » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Trennor_ wrote:I just checked Tracker again; I'm using MP server 05, switched off from 10, and I notice none of my flights under my callsign TRENN have been tracked or are displayed, since September. I flew a Beaver in Hawaii last night, and Aerostar 700 in Central Canada Friday night, and neither of those flights are on the Tracker. And yes, multiplay is activated on my FG 2.0. Strangely enough, flights under my AVE0023 callsign HAVE been tracked . . .

Went through the logs and didn't see any of your callsigns neither any related errors. Tested all of the servers and they tracked just fine. Even used your callname and the Aerostar - did see the tracking on 01, 05 and 10. Do you see yourself on the mpmap in the first place?
henrikp

Callsign: ES-KLA
IRC name: ahven
Version: git

Postby Trennor_ » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:21 pm

henrikp wrote:
Trennor_ wrote:I just checked Tracker again; I'm using MP server 05, switched off from 10, and I notice none of my flights under my callsign TRENN have been tracked or are displayed, since September. I flew a Beaver in Hawaii last night, and Aerostar 700 in Central Canada Friday night, and neither of those flights are on the Tracker. And yes, multiplay is activated on my FG 2.0. Strangely enough, flights under my AVE0023 callsign HAVE been tracked . . .

Went through the logs and didn't see any of your callsigns neither any related errors. Tested all of the servers and they tracked just fine. Even used your callname and the Aerostar - did see the tracking on 01, 05 and 10. Do you see yourself on the mpmap in the first place?

Yup... I was being tracked on the MPMap.
trennor - Just Another Armchair Pilot

Thanks to all who have helped in the past. One day I'll return the favour.
Trennor_

Callsign: C-TREN, CHT0004
IRC name: trennor
Version: 2016.3.1

Postby Farmboy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:56 am

henrikp,

As an FYI, the tracker listing does not show any names when I visit it. If I enter my callsign and hit go it will try loading forever and eventually display a listing of my flights, but nothing recent. Last flight tracked is same shown as the much faster previous site, on 8/7. (Original shows 4300 flights, new one shows 1800 flights. That may be intentional?)

Anyhow, main point is it's not tracking me currently on mpserver 04, although I have not tried others. MP is working fine.

Peter
Horsepower is just an illusion. Torque is the true answer.
Farmboy

Location: NorthEast New York State, and the rest of New England....

Postby redneck » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:01 am

Same here. None of my recent flights have been tracked. Last one was 9/22. I'm on mpserver05, I show up fine on the mp map.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby henrikp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:02 am

I had problems yesterday getting myself shown shortly on the mpmap while I was testing through server 10, but it worked fine afterwards. Very strange situations.
henrikp

Postby redneck » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Nvm, I hadn't read closely enough to realize the tracker is on a totally new site. So, why are half my flights missing? Furthermore, I can't make a direct link to my flight log in my sig like I could with the other site:(
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby henrikp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:42 pm

redneck wrote:Nvm, I hadn't read closely enough to realize the tracker is on a totally new site. So, why are half my flights missing?

All the flights under 5 minutes were removed for the sake of the database size when I took over, the only model exception was ATC. A million waypoints were deleted :)
redneck wrote:Furthermore, I can't make a direct link to my flight log in my sig like I could with the other site:(

Modified the flight listing page, callsign is now a link as well.
henrikp

Postby Farmboy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:49 pm

henrikp wrote:All the flights under 5 minutes were removed for the sake of the database size when I took over, the only model exception was ATC. A million waypoints were deleted :)

That makes sense.

You must have fixed something? :)
My flights show up (are displayed) this morning, although the main tracker page does not display any list. Still need to enter the name and wait for it to load. One thing to note, some of the 5 minute flights are segments of a larger flight, that for what ever reason lost contact or dropped it at a waypoint. It's not that important to me, but it would be nice to have some of the segmented tracks held together as one flight, or be able to piece them back together. I assume it's a connectivity issue, probably on my end, as flights 1839-1848 was just one flight on my end, and the 5 prior 1834-1838 were one flight as well.

Thanks,
pb
Last edited by Farmboy on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farmboy

Postby henrikp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:54 pm

Farmboy wrote:That makes sense.

You must have fixed something? My flights show up (are displayed) this morning, although the main tracker page does not display any list. Still need to enter the name and wait for it to load.

Thanks,
pb

Ah, that one. The main page statistics are disabled currently due to hardware limitations :) An upgrade (better hdd+mb+cpu+more ram) sits on my shelf currently and is missing the biggest component - time :)
henrikp

Postby Farmboy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:28 pm

When you find that component, let me know. :) I could use a good helping.
Farmboy

Postby henrikp » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:45 pm

Farmboy wrote: It's not that important to me, but it would be nice to have some of the segmented tracks held together as one flight, or be able to piece them back together.

It is doable, I started a todo list in the forums for keeping track and hearing from other users out there. Or should I start a new topic over here, in the official forums?
henrikp

Postby Gijs » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Feel free to use this forum. I suspect you get more feedback here...
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby KeKeKumba » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Looks like it stopped tracking me on mp01 sometime on Thursday.
KeKeKumba

Callsign: KeKeKum
Version: 2

Postby Chrison » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:54 am

I'm not sure if this is just a problem for me, or a general problem for everyone, but I have a flight that was being tracked late yesterday that's still open (see the log for callsign "AVA0066"), and now the Tracker isn't tracking any of my flights since that time. I have tried connecting via MP server 01 (which was working great) and MP server 12 (which was working quite awhile ago, but I haven't tried it lately), but no go.

Is there a problem with the Tracker, or is this just me?

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris
"Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat!" (Jackie Gleason)
My final approach announcement: "Seats up... Trays locked... Articles stowed... Seat belts on... And may God have mercy on your souls!"
Chrison

Callsign: Chrison, AVA0066

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer