Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

Is this a Flight Sim website? BALI

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Is this a Flight Sim website? BALI

Postby PaulRawnsley » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:12 pm

Greetings Everyone

I was surfing and found FlightGear.com and saw details of the proposed flight from Bali to Lombok, etc, in May 2010.
I thought it was in actual aircraft. But is it/was it a group Flight Sim exercise?

I am interested in flying in Bali but can't find where to inquire. I am a private pilot and I live in Darwin.

In Bali, there is the Flight Academy at Buleleng Airport and I have been there to see them - they have about 6 Cessna 172s that are used for Garuda to train their budding pilots. But, alas and alack, I cannot hire one of those because of their Company policies.

It would be fantastic to fly around Bali, because I have done several trips on a motor bike and in a car over the past few years.

Does anyone know how/where I can hire a light aircraft in Bali? I have done this before in Jakarta, Puerto Vallarta and Teuge in Holland. An instructor comes along to make it all legit, and it's a great way to do it.

If you can assist with any information about hiring a plane in Bali, I would be most grateful.

One option is to start out at Jakarta and fly the south coast to Denpasar and overnight there. Then head out to the east and around the coastline to the north and back that way. But it's quite a hike even though it would be an amazing trip.

Regards
Paul
PaulRawnsley

Re: Is this a Flight Sim website? BALI

Postby timjschong » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:14 pm

This is a flight sim website. That flight was probably one of many multiplayer events.
timjschong

Callsign: timothy
Version: 2

Re: Is this a Flight Sim website? BALI

Postby kyokoyama » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:40 pm

...and I've never heard of this event before.

Or know of custom sceneries around Bali.

-but doing this might actually be a fun idea...?
Look for "B-BIRD" "N127KY" or "AVA0004" -that's me.

Despite having over 1700 posts here, I am not even close to being the most skilled guy here... I'm just words and bad drawing, not experience. :P
kyokoyama

Callsign: B-BIRD, N127KY
Version: 2.12.1

Return to The FlightGear project