Board index FlightGear Development Add-ons

Problem with Littlenavmap after update it

FlightGear has support for add-ons, to further extend the simulator's core functionality.

Problem with Littlenavmap after update it

Postby rommel » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:25 am

Hello all;

I use as an operating system Ubuntu 20.04 64bit and as simulator FlightGear-2020.3.9-x86_64
Until yesterday, FlightGear connected with LittleNavmap (Littlenavmap-Linux-20.04-2.6.11) and I could see the position of my aircraft and use some of the data that LittleNavmap provides. For this in the simulator I am adding the addon FlightGear-Addon-Littlenavmap and using the LittleFgConnect application, I realizes the link between FlightGear and LittleNavmap.
Yesterday, I updated the LittleNavmap application to LittleNavmap-Linux-20.04-2.6.15 and I can not connect to the simulator anymore.

Steps:
1.-
Start FlightGear with support for the addon (FlightGear-Addon-Littlenavmap) using the following command line:

$ /home/rommel/juegos/FlightGear/FlightGear-2020.3.9-x86_64.AppImage --launcher --browser-app=/home/rommel/Público/seamonkey/seamonkey-bin --httpd=8080 --enable-random-objects --enable-random-vegetation --enable-random-buildings --enable-sound --fog-nicest --enable-distance-attenuation --enable-horizon-effect --enable-specular-highlight --enable-fullscreen --shading-smooth --callsign=CUB7301 --enable-real-weather-fetch --enable-clouds3d --disable-terrasync --fg-scenery=/home/rommel/juegos/FlightGear/flightgear-addons/Scenary/ --prop:/sim/sound/voices/enabled=true --enable-save-on-exit --addon="/home/rommel/juegos/FlightGear/flightgear-addons/flightgear-addon-littlenavmap/"

2.-
Start the littlefgconnect application and use the option to connect to the simulator

3.-
Start the littlenavmap application.
I get this error when it is starting:

Here you see that the application is not connected to the simulator:

Although you can see the aircraft connected to VATSIM, it does not connect to the simulator.

Any idea what I was missing?

Rommel
rommel

Callsign: CUB730
Version: 2020.3.16

Re: Problem with Littlenavmap after update it

Postby sfr » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:37 am

you need to update your atools git clone and recompile littlefgconnect. see the instructions in this post. atools and littlefgconnect also come with instructions how to compile them.
sfr

Callsign: D-CSFR
Version: 2020.4

Postby rommel » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:40 pm

Thanks for write me back.
I will probe and test; update atools from git and recompile littlefgconnect.

This is the todo procedure everytime LittleNavmap update?

Rommel
rommel

Postby slawekmikula » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:28 pm

Hi all,

I'm somewhat responsible for this addon. I'll look at it when I come back from the holidays (unfortunately they just started).

AFAIR there were some changes with the littlenavmap interface to xplane via shared memory. If only recompilation with the newest atools helps that's OK. If anything please report your findings also on the associated bugtrackers on https://github.com/slawekmikula/littlefgconnect or https://github.com/slawekmikula/flightg ... ttlenavmap.
slawekmikula

Postby rommel » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:40 pm

sfr wrote in Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:37 am:you need to update your atools git clone and recompile littlefgconnect. see the instructions in this post. atools and littlefgconnect also come with instructions how to compile them.

Searching in git for atools and this have not new release, so is the same that I have using in my PC. I think is not necesary to clone it; or I must to?
rommel

Postby sfr » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:50 am

if you decide to upate your atools git repo you will notice the latest commit was just 1 week ago.
The 'Data Version' is 11 whereas it's 10 on your screenshot. so yes, you need to update atools.

@ slawekmikula: i haven't checked all properties (fuel, fuel flow etc) but the a/c position updates just like before.
sfr

Callsign: D-CSFR
Version: 2020.4

Postby rommel » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:53 pm

sfr wrote in Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:50 am:if you decide to upate your atools git repo you will notice the latest commit was just 1 week ago.
The 'Data Version' is 11 whereas it's 10 on your screenshot. so yes, you need to update atools.

@ slawekmikula: i haven't checked all properties (fuel, fuel flow etc) but the a/c position updates just like before.

Hello;
now I realise, I was looking in https://github.com/gjbex/atools where say that is released May 11, 2021
In https://github.com/albar965/atools now I see the release, July 26/2021

I will download and compile and test.
Thanks and sorry for the confution.

Rommel
rommel

Postby slawekmikula » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:06 pm

sfr wrote in Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:50 am:if you decide to upate your atools git repo you will notice the latest commit was just 1 week ago.

Thanks. So this is it and with recompilation it should work. Thanks for helping others !

Anyway for all of You. If you would like to have FG support inside the LNM package please give Alexander sign of interest in the ticket: https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/issues/138 My main goal was to include this package with LNM not outside it. Right now there is mostly work for new MSFS so any rumblings from FG community could help to get his attention :)
slawekmikula

Littlenavmap feature

Postby rommel » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:02 am

Hello all;
I have my FlightGear conectted to Littlenavmap and till now look fine; but there is some "Database is empty" message that I do not know how to fix it or maybe do not know what it means.
Any idea to follow or someone explaint me what still needed in the configuration to work properly.

rommel

Postby merspieler » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:43 am

You're missing the navaid database... lnm comes with one, you just have to enable it.
To do so go at the top to "Scenery Library" -> "Navigraph AIRAC Cycle" -> "Use Navigraph for all features"
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler
Version: next

Postby rommel » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:00 pm

merspieler wrote in Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:43 am:You're missing the navaid database... lnm comes with one, you just have to enable it.
To do so go at the top to "Scenery Library" -> "Navigraph AIRAC Cycle" -> "Use Navigraph for all features"

Thanks for write me back.
Now it show what I guess is the corrrect messages (ICAO,FIR,UIR,OTR)

Rommel
rommel

Return to Add-ons