Board index FlightGear Media Screenshot of the month

Submit your screenshot for the SOTM of March 2021  Topic is solved

Monthly contest to select the best FlightGear screenshot.

Re: Submit your screenshot for the SOTM of March 2021

Postby GinGin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:57 am

Shuttle Isolation: The Eigth Passenger

GinGin

Callsign: Gingin

Postby Anarcho-pilot » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:58 am

zorka wrote in Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:42 am:Marine one after takeoff from Camp David in a Snowstorm

Hello, zorka. For the image to display properly you should use a direct link to it. The direct link is one ending with image's extention (.jpg or .png). Also you should use .jpg, not .png, format, as it mentioned in the set of rules. Please, convert your image into .jpg and update your post to provide a direct link to it. Today is time to start the voting. I'll delay it for a few hours for you to be able to do it.
Anarcho-pilot

Postby merspieler » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:20 pm

Anarcho-pilot wrote in Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:48 am:No. The deadline is today - on the 22nd of March.

This doesn't align with the initial post:

Anarcho-pilot wrote in Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:48 pm:Voting will start when 20 entries are reached or at the latest on March 22nd, in a separate topic.

Voting should have started today -> deadline is the day before....
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler
Version: next

Postby Anarcho-pilot » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:59 pm

"Voting will start ... at the latest on March 22nd,.." means that the voting may be started at any time on the 22nd of March, at my discretion. I don't see any misinterpretation here.
Anarcho-pilot

Postby zorka » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:06 pm

Anarcho-pilot wrote in Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:58 am:
zorka wrote in Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:42 am:Marine one after takeoff from Camp David in a Snowstorm

Hello, zorka. For the image to display properly you should use a direct link to it. The direct link is one ending with image's extention (.jpg or .png). Also you should use .jpg, not .png, format, as it mentioned in the set of rules. Please, convert your image into .jpg and update your post to provide a direct link to it. Today is time to start the voting. I'll delay it for a few hours for you to be able to do it.

Hi Anarcho-pilot,

I added the direct link to the image – could you please let me know if it works?

Yes, I converted it to .jpg

Thank you,

Zorka
zorka

Postby Anarcho-pilot » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:06 pm

The submission is over. Now it's time to vote: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=38935 .
Anarcho-pilot

Postby Anarcho-pilot » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:21 pm

zorka wrote in Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:06 pm:Hi Anarcho-pilot,

I added the direct link to the image – could you please let me know if it works?

Yes, I converted it to .jpg

Thank you,

Zorka

Sorry for the delay, zorka. Yes, everything works fine in general. I don't have problems with opening your images in new tabs: the first one is your newly converted .jpg variant, and the second one is the original in .png. However, only the .png one is displaying on the forum - the .jpg one is not. This is because you haven't used the direct link to it. (You should have used https://i.imgur.com/q2iVVKN.jpg instead of https://imgur.com/q2iVVKN .) But I've managed to retrieve it, and in the voting topic your .jpg image is displaying correctly.

The reason it is required to submit screenshots in .jpg format is because they usually have much smaller filesize than their .png variants. Not all of the users have Internet connection fast enough to conveniently view images. Especially when there are a lot of them on the page. So administration of the forum encourage all the users to upload their images in .jpg. To make the usage of the forum comfortable to as many people as possible.

Also for yor referense. Google services are not appropriate to post images because they don't allow to provide direct links to them. Of course, other users may view it via the link, but there is no way to make them visible directly on the forum.

Anyway, thank you for providing the .jpg version of your image and participating in SOTM contest! Good luck in the voting!
Anarcho-pilot

Previous

Return to Screenshot of the month