Board index FlightGear Development Spaceflight

Space Shuttle's throttle keep stucking at 50%

Discussion about development and usage of spacecraft

Space Shuttle's throttle keep stucking at 50%

Postby Areksuroboyo » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:04 pm

So today im trying the space shuttle i read all the official manuals from the wiki but just one procedure that i cant do is the ignition, which the wiki said that i need the throttle pass 90% to launch or else Launchpad abort but i cant throttle up pass 50 % throttle do anyone know how to fix it?
Areksuroboyo

Re: Space Shuttle's throttle keep stucking at 50%

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:02 pm

i do not but i seem to recall there is one button/key you can press that puts the throttles at full load... i don't remember which button/key it is but it should be detailed in the (200+ page) manual...
http://www.science-and-fiction.org/bookstore.html
scroll down to the "Flightgear Space Shuttle Flight Manual - Standard Edition" for the free one
OR
scroll down to the "Flightgear Space Shuttle Flight Manual - Deluxe Edition" to purchase the (much) better one...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: Space Shuttle's throttle keep stucking at 50%

Postby Thorsten » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:38 pm

but i cant throttle up pass 50 % throttle do anyone know how to fix it?

How do you know the throttle is at 50%?

The value seems odd, because the way the Shuttle works the lowest throttle setting you can achieve is 67% - even with lever all the way down you can't go lower than that.

Also, by default the Shuttle is on autothrottle, so you shouldn't be able to throttle the engines at all.

So where do the 50% come from, and what are you trying to do for ignition?
Thorsten

Return to Spaceflight