Board index FlightGear Development Spaceflight

Soyuz - Technical Information

Discussion about development and usage of spacecraft

Re: Soyuz - Technical Information

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:56 pm

i'm using https, blocking trackers and have only two cookies for this site, one from here and one 3rd party from dropbox since i use dropbox to post most of my images like the screenshot above...

i'm also sorry to have derailed this topic... i know we can clean it up later, though...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby flavio.estilicon » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:29 am

Does anyone have detailled information about the Rendezvous and Docking of the Soyuz? Apart from the User Manual already uplinked here and "Attenuated Intercept Satellite Rendezvous System" by Shapiro (that I think that apply to soyuz but give little details) I haven't found anything.
I would like to help in any serious soyuz simulator development, although my experience with FlightGear is null...
flavio.estilicon

Postby Thorsten » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:14 am

Good piece of advice - first get it to exist, then get it to fly properly - and only then worry about docking :D Rendezvous strategies generally vary - phasing can be done in a number of different ways (and a simulation would allow you to explore them regardless of how an actual mission was planned), but at the heart of the final rendezvous is always a Lambert problem, and we do have a solver for that one.
Thorsten

Postby flavio.estilicon » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:31 pm

The RvD is more complex than the Lambert problem. The phasing cannot be solved just with a Lambert problem, unless you have a lot of propellant. And un any case you have to included a transition Matrix.

Soyuz uses CW equations, used both in the navigation and guidance, until the short Range when the guidance is based on the proportional guidance.
flavio.estilicon

Postby Thorsten » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:02 am

The RvD is more complex than the Lambert problem. The phasing cannot be solved just with a Lambert problem, unless you have a lot of propellant.

Yes, that's what I said, it's pointless to say it back to me. :D

Soyuz uses CW equations, used both in the navigation and guidance, until the short Range when the guidance is based on the proportional guidance.

Well, you have a working numerical solution for FG that's not CW, or you can implement a CW solution. What you don't have is Soyuz or anything it can rendezvous with, so I'd still start with the latter,. :D
Thorsten

Postby lexperience » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:45 am

flavio.estilicon wrote in Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:29 am:Does anyone have detailled information about the Rendezvous and Docking of the Soyuz? Apart from the User Manual already uplinked here and "Attenuated Intercept Satellite Rendezvous System" by Shapiro (that I think that apply to soyuz but give little details) I haven't found anything.
I would like to help in any serious soyuz simulator development, although my experience with FlightGear is null...

Here's a docking and docking guide.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/694153756870443059/744853772336889886/Sbl_TMA_ENG.doc
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/694153756870443059/744853763797549087/Sbl_TMA_A.K_ENG.doc
lexperience

Postby flavio.estilicon » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:58 am

Great!
These documents have a lot of useful information! And I can detect some differences with the way we use to make computation. For example, the integration of the velocity only, and the computation of the position from the angular moment is something I have not seen since university, never in a company.

I appreciate what you have shared, It is the best document about the soyuz I have ever had, but I can't help asking for more...

Do you know how the V3 is computed in the 3 burns optimization? It is not explained and I can't imagine how to do it before having a V1 and V2.

Do you have more information about KURS outputs? I would like to have a mathematical definition of the angles. For me bearing and relative angles are different concepts. I have no information about the difference between G, P and O angles (I can't type russian characters).

In the design and Layout document, It says that orbital module portable repress tanks can be used to pressurize the orbital module if it is used as EVA airlock. Do you have more information about contingencies or non-nominal operations.

In any case, my biggest regards. I owe you a round...
flavio.estilicon

Postby Jack1995 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:06 am

To be honest these images it not that great to be honest...You'd better buy or find proper books regarding these schemes.
Jack1995

Previous

Return to Spaceflight