Board index FlightGear Development Spaceflight

Space Shuttle - Bugfixes

Discussion about development and usage of spacecraft

Re: Space Shuttle - Bugfixes

Postby GinGin » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:19 pm

I've just checked that - firing the RCS for 10 seconds gave me 5.4 ft/s additional velocity and I saw all four backward firing jets go off.

Indeed, I didn't press enough long on the keyboard touch apparently. I thought that it was on/off with no modulation capacity.
It works nicely for me now, thanks for the double check

I got that:

Do you get that also?

I will do some more tests for the BPV. At which distance from ISS did you try it?

Edit: I tested it below 20 kfeet and it worked well sense wise.
GinGin

Callsign: Gingin

Postby Thorsten » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:44 am

You can't look at the thruster firing visuals, there is only one flame visual that will be shown whenever one of the backward (sideward, downward, upward,...) firing thrusters is active, you need to look into the FDM firing properties to see which ones ignite (in theory they can ignite fine without a visible flame if the animation part is buggy).
Thorsten

Postby GinGin » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:40 pm

Alright, problem solved so :)
I got the 0.6 fps² ish when pressing the translation button long enough, thanks.
GinGin

Postby qantas747400 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:52 am

downloaded from the application itself, crashes at finalizing subsystems, flightgear 2018,3,2
qantas747400

Callsign: VH-QFA
Version: 2018.3.2

Postby Thorsten » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:31 am

Can't do anything without more info like a log message, anderror or something similar, the commandline used, some system specs,... as it doesn't happen here, sorry.
Thorsten

Postby eatdirt » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:16 am

Hello there,
I have some issues with some windows in the spaceshuttle, git version, compiled against the commit tagged 2019.1.1 in simgear, flightgear and flightgear-data. simgear is compiled against openscenegraph version 3.6.3.

Here a picture, the windows as traj map, the view manager, rdv etc.. are all badly cut and distorded. The cue cards are barely readable:

The same shuttle version is working fine within 2018.3.2 (up to orbital.nas), shall I report this on the dev mailing list, does someone know if we support OSG 3.6.3 for 2019.1.1?

cheers,
chris.
eatdirt

Postby Thorsten » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:45 am

Yes please, if it is a clear core regression that sounds like it needs to be reported.
Thorsten

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:52 pm

FWIW: it was pointed out on the dev mailing list that this has something to do with the DDS textures caching... disabling the DDS texture caching ""fixes"" the problem...

as i've not seen the "solution" posted to this topic, i wanted to make sure it was recorded here where the problem was first brought up...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby eatdirt » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:23 pm

Thanks kitty for the post.

I am becoming psychomaniac with OPS 201, deadbands fine now, something is screwed up either on the display or behind the scenes, at least on the Shuttle I am flying here :-/

First of all, the sign of ROLL is not correct? On the DPS, it has the opposite value (-19) than on the ADI ball (+19) [up to the refresh rate]

Then, the tracking brings me to that R,P,Y coordinates, the Roll is wrong by 180 degrees, the Yaw by 180 degrees:

That cannot be correct, because the -Z axis of the Shuttle is actually pointing towards the correctish direction as far as I can guess, But rolling by 180 deg and yawing by 180 degrees should put the -Z axis of the Shuttle towards the exact opposite direction from the ISS.

---

I have other issues related to joystick and rudder, which now I understand kill my first ISS reaching attempt :) For instance my pedals are actually locking the keyboard keys for the yaw. If I press the yaw on the keyboard and then release it, the position of the rudder pedals are checked and immediately cancel the yawing rate. Anyone having an ideas where to look to debug this?

Cheers,
chris.
eatdirt

Postby Thorsten » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:52 am

Internally pointing and tracking runs on vectors because that is the only sane way to do it. The AP simply maximizes the dot product of a target and the axis vector.

The display unfortunately wants to have angles, and that is a holy mess of trigonometry, null angle definitions, singularities and continuity issues (for instance, a roll of +180 degrees is the same as a roll of -180 degrees - you're flying upside-down)

So there may be any number of signs off and any number of angles not properly normalized in what is displayed, but since it's all done after the fact, nothing of this affects how the AP works, because the AP does the sane thing and makes a dot product of vectors.
Thorsten

Postby Thorsten » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:15 am

I have other issues related to joystick and rudder, which now I understand kill my first ISS reaching attempt For instance my pedals are actually locking the keyboard keys for the yaw. If I press the yaw on the keyboard and then release it, the position of the rudder pedals are checked and immediately cancel the yawing rate. Anyone having an ideas where to look to debug this?

There's nothing to debug - software can't guess your intention and deal with conflicting control input. If you don't need rudder HW, unplug it and use the keyboard.
Thorsten

Postby eatdirt » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:27 am

There's nothing to debug - software can't guess your intention and deal with conflicting control input.

As often, your answer made me realize that the issue may just be the pedals deadbands... They are certainly too tight and they're sending signals even at rest. Because the joystick (not the rudder), plugged and untouched, does not interfere with the keyboard [when touched, it does, see my beautiful OMS + SRB launch :)]

Thanks!
eatdirt

Postby eatdirt » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:44 pm

Hi there,
I have a lot of questions while attempting a fly around from rbar above ISS to rbar down ISS, but first, something new happened. I lost the radar and DPS at some point while manoeuvring. I was 600 fts from ISS and the console complains with this at the same time.

Code: Select all
111113.17 [ALRT]:nasal      Nasal runtime error: floating point error in math.acos()
111113.17 [ALRT]:nasal        at /home/chris/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/sensors.nas, line 226
111113.17 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: /home/chris/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/housekeeping.nas, line 1215
111114.18 [ALRT]:nasal      Nasal runtime error: floating point error in math.acos()
111114.18 [ALRT]:nasal        at /home/chris/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/sensors.nas, line 226
111114.18 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: /home/chris/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/housekeeping.nas, line 1215
111115.19 [ALRT]:nasal      Nasal runtime error: floating point error in math.acos()
111115.76 [ALRT]:nasal        at /home/chris/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/sensors.nas, line 226
111115.76 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: /home/chris/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/housekeeping.nas, line 1215
111116.19 [ALRT]:nasal      Nasal runtime error: floating point error in math.acos()
111116.19 [ALRT]:nasal        at /home/chris/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/sensors.nas, line 226
111116.19 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: /home/chris/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/housekeeping.nas, line 1215
111117.20 [ALRT]:nasal      Nasal runtime error: floating point error in math.acos()
111117.20 [ALRT]:nasal        at /home/chris/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/sensors.nas, line 226
111117.20 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: /home/chris/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/housekeeping.nas, line 1215
111118.20 [ALRT]:nasal      Nasal runtime error: floating point error in math.acos()
111118.20 [ALRT]:nasal        at /home/chris/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal

Unrelated, I see this a few lines before:
Code: Select all
110600.80 [ALRT]:nasal      Nasal getprop: property /fdm[0]/jsbsim[0]/systems[0]/ap[0]/track[0]/yaw-error-deg[0] is NaN

which I guess is the display on OPS 201...

Let me know if you need other info,
Cheers,
Chris.
eatdirt

Postby eatdirt » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:07 am

Something else, I just cannot make a resume, ISS is always at 500km away when I am resuming from 600 feet :(

With what command line do yo start guys for resuming?
thanks!
eatdirt

Postby GinGin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:13 am

For the scenario , you had to use iss one with the same mission config file than you used when you saved
GinGin

PreviousNext

Return to Spaceflight