Board index FlightGear Development Spaceflight

Space Shuttle - Development

Discussion about development and usage of spacecraft

Re: Space Shuttle - Development

Postby wlbragg » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:23 pm

Ah, OK. Yeah that probably isn't the same as the 3way I'm talking about, is only spring loaded on one position. But I'll look closer now that I understand which switches your talking about. Thanks.

I'm getting ready to push a small texture change for the wheels, I don't know how much it's going to help as it is not much of a change. But actually the tires currently should be showing a really messed up texture. There was a metal plate or skin texture added to a black space where the tires were mapped to. So the tire should look really strange right now.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby eatdirt » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:49 pm

I am in Murphy's mode these days :(

I cannot make the Shuttle working fine with the compositor, even starting with:
Code: Select all
fgfs --compositor=Compositor/als --fg-aircraft=/home/chris/.Aircraft --aircraft=SpaceShuttle-approach

Some error messages on the command line, like
26.50 [ALRT]:input      Could not locate shaderCompositor/Shaders/secondary_lights.frag
26.50 [ALRT]:input      Error building technique: couldn't find shader Compositor/Shaders/secondary_lights.frag
288.46 [WARN]:OSG        Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' after applying GLMode 0xc11

And an opaque Shuttle from the inside:

Anyone having tried? Thanks!
Cheers,
Chris.
eatdirt

Postby wlbragg » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:24 pm

I wouldn't even attempt it yet. I "accidentally" tried it moments ago while testing the tire texture change I just now pushed. It has some very messed up effects that aren't ported to the compositor yet. There may be a way to get it to work somewhat with some modifications of effect (like turning them off). I did J3Cub, c172p and AirCrane compositor versions but I personally will wait until the compositor is flushed out a bit more for this one.
wlbragg

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:40 am

eatdirt wrote in Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:49 pm:
26.50 [ALRT]:input      Could not locate shaderCompositor/Shaders/secondary_lights.frag

yer missing a "/" in that path... it should be shader/Compositor/Shaders/blahblahblah...

misread the error line... it is missing a space between "locate shader" and "Compositor"...
Last edited by wkitty42 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wlbragg » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:11 am

No, that shader doesn't exist in the compositor path. It hasn't been ported over yet.
wlbragg

Postby eatdirt » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:42 am

will wait until the compositor is flushed out a bit more for this one

Noted.

But actually the tires currently should be showing a really messed up texture. There was a metal plate or skin texture added to a black space where the tires were mapped to. So the tire should look really strange right now.

I "think", this was for making burnt patches appearing on the tires after touch-down, this was looking good, but as far as I remember, it was only on the rear ones.

The new ones are nice, thanks for the new texture Wayne! Atlantis wears Michelin :)
eatdirt

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:29 pm

wlbragg wrote in Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:11 am:No, that shader doesn't exist in the compositor path. It hasn't been ported over yet.

i understand that... i was looking at the words smashed together... but just now looking at them, i realize the problem with that line is there's a missing space between the message and the shader it is trying to complain about... a missing space instead of a missing '/'...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wlbragg » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:41 pm

Atlantis wears Michelin

:lol: You caught that did you! I wasn't sure it was going to show up very well, I'm glad it's noticeable to those who look.
wlbragg

Postby wlbragg » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:16 pm

I "think", this was for making burnt patches appearing on the tires after touch-down, this was looking good, but as far as I remember, it was only on the rear ones.

I don't remember doing that, did someone else add this? Because from what I saw it wasn't applied to the wheels correctly unless I didn't understand what the effect was for. I can verify this though as there is a way in Blender to tell what objects are attached to what texture coords. I will check and see if there is some other object mapped to that square.
wlbragg

Postby GinGin » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:41 pm

I like those new tyres
In Michelin we thrust then :)
GinGin

Callsign: Gingin

Postby GinGin » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:40 pm

I finished what I started with spring loaded R1 switches.
For the AC part, the AC controllers ( 3 per AC bus) need to be closed now before actuating the inverter power or the inverter/ac bus relays.

The AC bus sensors are also implemented, in red.

Ac bus sensors examples

If in off, F7 Alarm lights for AC overload and AC under/over voltage will be inhibited.
We have clearly an overload situation there, caused by a shortcut in AC 2 bus ( Amps out of limits in Fuel cell 2 and no more power in ac bus 2)

In monitor, F7 alarm AC lights will be illuminated ( normal mode)
AC overload and voltage appear.

Autotrip now.

Same than monitor for F7 alarms linked to AC , but it will disconnect automatically the faulty AC bus from its inverter, clearing all the other alarms and normalizing faster the situation.
We can see that just the AC voltage subsists, and no more consequences of overload elsewhere due to shortcut on the ac bus 2

Talkback associated, reading off.
If we put it to on again, shortcut will reappear, and an I/O reset on the keyboard will trip it again.

I mostly finished the SM part and fault messages, reading again what I have done and testing a lot to avoid any breakage before going ahead .

An example below of a "simple" FC failure and shutdown with the associated failures // indications

Spec 69 : Fuel cell display in red

FC reac // Reactant valves closed, no more O2/H2 going throught the cell
FC Pump // coolant pump off
FC Stack T // Temperature of the cell low
FC flow // no more O2/H2 flowing through it
FC amps // no output power from that cell

Spec 67: Electric display in purple

MAIN BUS V // No more power on Main Bus 1
AC Voltage // No me power on AC bus 1

Spec 88: Orbiter cooling display in yellow

Freon Loop // No more flow on Freon Loop 1 ( Pump inop due to ac bus 1 not powered)

Spec 66: Environment// Pressu and cooling fans in white

Av Bay Fan // Two avionic fans are off and Temp is rising in the bays

That helps to see clearly what we will have to do for trouble shooting through the pocket checklist

GinGin

Postby GinGin » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:45 pm

There is a new merge request accepted on the dev branch: All the gnc part of displays rework
That would be nice if you could test it a bit, cycle through the GNC dps, and see if there are nasal error for parse,...
It should be ok normally, but who knows :)

I have almost finished with the entry display, correct scale for range and velocity to have similar useful entry path indications.
Also, I updated a bit the FDM to have better lift and drag coefficient during the first part of the entry based on wind tunnel datas for higher mach/altitude.
That will be a new and nice experience , especially for the Low Energy situations or Shallow Entry .

Nominal Entry layout

Many useful informations after learning in the SCOM what we look at

Briefly.
In red, the expected vertical velocity if we are on a nominal path( guidance calculated 61 fps // all good)
In pink, the drag ( expressed in ft.s²), reflecting our altitude.

If too much drag for our position ( range), we are too low in the dense atmosphere and we will finish short of the runway and vice versa.
Here we should be around 10 (10D) and IMU's show 11 ish, good also.

Left line, hard thermal boundary ( left of it, we cant make the runway without burning) // max temp around 3000 °F for the wing leading edge
Right line, 0° of bank equilibrium ie. no Bank possible as we need the full lift force to be upward to recover from a Low energy situation. Being right of this means being unable to catch the path

That is really a nice part to learn about in the books, especially now that it will be really usable.

Still some work to do to fine tune the quadratic range scale in abcissa and the fdm part to finish.
GinGin

Postby Thorsten » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:08 pm

I'm happy to announce that GinGin is now entered as member of the Shuttle project with commit rights :D - which means you can expect to see the latest work faster (and you can start to bug him as well with issues...).
Thorsten

Postby amalahama » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:04 pm

Those Entry pages looks fantastic GinGin! Looking forward to the new changes! Is still the CCTV not possible to implement in FG?
amalahama

Postby eatdirt » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:26 pm

I'm happy to announce that GinGin is now entered as member of the Shuttle project with commit rights

Congrats Gingin!!

You've gotten the achievement medal "busy-with-the-Shuttle-without-flying-it" :mrgreen: Big THANK YOU for all that incredible work on the DPS; as to Thorsten, Wayne and al. for making the Shuttle project spinning up like this!
I've arrived late into it, but all what has been done since is incredible, ISS, HST, docking... Fantastic!
eatdirt

PreviousNext

Return to Spaceflight