Board index FlightGear Development Spaceflight

Space Shuttle - Development

Discussion about development and usage of spacecraft

Re: Space Shuttle - Development

Postby MariuszXC » Wed May 04, 2022 10:54 am

Ah, in that case disregard. From what you wrote I understod there are two sources of data, being chosen depending on some condition. Obviously I misunderstood.
INOP
MariuszXC

Callsign: SP-MRM
Version: 2020.4

Postby TheEagle » Wed May 04, 2022 11:42 am

@Thorsten: If it's a Nasal timing issue, why don't you just move it into a property rule / autopilot ???
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
My other aircraft: my wiki profile !
Other: FGTools (GitHub)
World tour: View on SkyVector
Please consider donating $1 / €1 to help me finance a new camera !
TheEagle

Pronouns: You, he
Callsign: F-EAGLE
IRC name: none
Version: Git next

Postby Thorsten » Wed May 04, 2022 5:46 pm

If it's a Nasal timing issue, why don't you just move it into a property rule / autopilot ???

Because while there is conceptually a 1:1 correspondence between both as both are Turing-complete frameworks (I think), in practice some things get really royally messy in property rules - and we do not know whether the timing of property rules is assigned in a deterministic fashion up-front, so it's not even clear that the outcome will be an improvement.
Thorsten

Postby eatdirt » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:07 pm

Hello there,
with some delays, due to real life things, just wanted to say that I did a few TAL to Morron, insertion orbit to HST, and they went fine, your last pushes seem to have fixed the issues I was having a while ago.

I've found another bug though within the failure scenarios. If I am getting an engine electric lock, and switch to manual throttle transiently to actually cut-off one engine to avoid too much gs, then when I switch back the other engines to AUTO, they seem to not throttle anymore. More dramatically, the electric failed engine never switches off at MECO, and does not even responds to the cut-off switches. I'll try to debug this on my side, but if one of you guys already have a good guess where to look at, please tell me!

cheers,
Chris.
eatdirt

Postby GinGin » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:00 pm

I did a few TAL to Morron, insertion orbit to HST, and they went fine, your last pushes seem to have fixed the issues I was having a while ago.

Perfect, thanks for the feedback.
No idea for the other issue, I didn't try those scenarios.
I will have a look.

On an other matter, I pushed the last changes I wanted to do for the Ascent Insertion guidance before a Stable Release test phase (Advanced MECO parameters https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=40190)

Any feedbacks and bugs are welcomed :)
GinGin

Callsign: Gingin

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:10 am

eatdirt wrote in Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:16 pm:Keeping my eyes on the rdv windows after the HST disappeared, I did see rare but transient jumps in the estimated distance, by a few hundred of meters. So at last, I have a tail, if these transient jumps are also there in the conditionals of proximity zone, clearly they would be enough to trigger all that mess!

I have something similar - reaching where the ISS should be, I discovered that it was jumping +- a few km, quite rapidly -- with the following being repeated constantly in the console:

Code: Select all
Placing ISS model!
12054.62 [INFO]:nasal      Coordinate differences proximity:
12054.62 [INFO]:nasal      -569.6767997315138 268.3498893050148 -3817.751274108887
12054.62 [INFO]:nasal      ISS alt2 before: 322048.8335177837 prox_z: -3817.751274108887
12054.62 [INFO]:nasal      ISS alt2 aft: 325866.5847918929
12054.90 [INFO]:nasal      Post Burn Loop!
12055.41 [INFO]:nasal      Post Burn Loop!
12055.95 [INFO]:nasal      Post Burn Loop!
12056.01 [INFO]:nasal      ISS explicit simulation ends
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby GinGin » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:22 pm

@EatDirt: I pushed a commit with the HUD flight director assigned to the correct parameter for Pitch guidance during TAEM.
Tell me how it goes with manual flight and a joystick, I only tested it with keypad and it went ok.

I did many tests on the current dev; for me it is smooth enough for a stable release.
GinGin

Postby eatdirt » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:43 pm

Hi Gingin,
thanks! I did some tests today (with 2020.4). The vertical diamond guidance is back, thanks!

But I do still have problems with the horizontal one, the diamond and the alignment cone do not seems to match for me. This is a series of snapshots, made with perfect navigation, during which I fly CSS while trying to be always on the HAC. Doing so is the only way for me to actually arrive in front of the runway, so the HAC display on SPEC 50 looks good. But as you can see in these pictures, the guidance diamond is always shifted too far towards the inside of the cone.

Of course, if I follow the guidance diamond instead, I am turning too steep and end up in a minimal energy condition, the cone starts to shrink, then I turn more and so on and so forth :)

This was over KTTS and I started with this only:

fgfs --fg-aircraft=/home/chris/.Aircraft --aircraft=SpaceShuttle-TAEM --disable-terrasync --airport=KTTS

Then go to SPEC 50 and ITEM+41+1 to set KTTS as the landing site, then a bit of AUTO pilot till Mach 1 and then CSS.

I'll make more tests about that!

Cheers,
Chris.
eatdirt

Postby TheEagle » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:54 pm

Congrats for hitting 99000 views on this thread ! :mrgreen: :lol:
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
My other aircraft: my wiki profile !
Other: FGTools (GitHub)
World tour: View on SkyVector
Please consider donating $1 / €1 to help me finance a new camera !
TheEagle

Pronouns: You, he
Callsign: F-EAGLE
IRC name: none
Version: Git next

Postby GinGin » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:15 pm

@EatDirt: I will check that. I think I need to filter the bank commanded for the roll error like I did for the roll AP channel.
GinGin

Postby wlbragg » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:04 am

I'm trying to identify who, if anyone has pushed any mesh changes to cockpit.ac?

If you have, would you please contact me in a private message.

It appears that the cockpit.ac mesh has possibly lost all the Group assignments which is a real problem if it is the case.

All blend changes, really in all models, should be done in the blends that are located in the resource blends, not by importing cockpit.ac or any of the other .ac files in the development repository.

I'm not as concerned with any of the smaller .ac blends such as HTS or RMS stuff. But cockpit.ac and cockpit-detailed.ac needs to always be generated from the master blends in the resource blends. For one it can be problematic to use newer versions of Blender or even problematic versions of the ac import/export script.

I need to replace cockpit.ac with a new export from the resource blend but I am afraid I might not have any recent mesh additions that might have been added directly to the .ac files. I would rather figure this out beforehand, but it is going to need to be done as we can't have the .ac without the Groups as the master. Hours and hours of work went into the creation of the blend and the organization of the same, it's just to complicated to try to use it without the groups.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:53 am

wlbragg wrote in Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:04 am:I'm trying to identify who, if anyone has pushed any mesh changes to cockpit.ac?

git, itself, can/will tell you this...

eg:
git log --follow -p -- path/to/cockpit.ac | grep -E -e "^(commit|(Author|Date):)"

the above will tell you the commit, who did it, and the date it was done... if you want to see the actual changes, remove the pipe and grep command but be warned, it can be a LOT of output...

FWIW:
in the development branch, since 2020 May 4, your name is the only one i see as having done anything with SpaceShuttle/Models/cockpit.ac going all the way back to 2016 Feb 18...
in the master branch, since 2017 Apr 17, your name is the only one i see as having done anything with SpaceShuttle/Models/cockpit.ac going all the way back to 2016 Feb 18...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wlbragg » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:41 pm

Thanks, wkitty42, that is a big help. I don't understand why the ac in the development repository is missing the group folders. I checked the production model in addons and it is correct. I didn't think anyone had edited the two "big" ac files, but also can't explain where the groups went. It's possible a bad exporter script crept into my workflow along the way, but I don't know. You established I am ok to use the master to update and add any additions, that's all I really needed to know. Thanks.
wlbragg

Postby Thorsten » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:43 pm

Technically we're on milestone 13, but same picture here - you're the last comitter, Wayne :|
Thorsten

Postby wlbragg » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:05 pm

Thanks for verifying Thorsten. It's a mystery why the groups are not showing up when importing cockpit.ac from the development branch. I'm still using Blender 2.79b in order to keep compatibility and it is working as always with all blends and .ac files except that one file.
Mystery not solved but I think everything is OK so long as no one uses cockpit.ac as a base for making changes.

FYI: for anyone concerned, the actual blend file for cockpit.ac is not cockpit.blend but cockpit-ste5.blend.
wlbragg

PreviousNext

Return to Spaceflight