Board index FlightGear Development Spaceflight

Vostok-1

Discussion about development and usage of spacecraft

Re: Vostok-1

Postby Boeing » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:52 pm

connect wrote in Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:22 pm:Why don't we all just stop the fighting.

Sheesh.

I know this does not happen a lot but I have to agree with connect :mrgreen:
Won't be doing much anymore....
Boeing

Callsign: Boeing, MIA0029
Version: 24

Postby vitos » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:33 pm

durk wrote in Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:17 am:Even after 50 years of research, neither the polygraph, nor more objective electrophysiological techniques (such as the P300 event-related potential method or functional neuroimaging techniques) have proven reliable enough to predict behavior.

To predict behavior of adult man understanding of his individual ideology, as of ideology itself as common phenomenon, is needed. Of course polygraph is not enough for that. Things what presented in closet of janitor not predicts what he will do tomorrow exactly too. But it predicts what he can do and what does in most of cases. As to check if he ill or not only some pulse test for real doctor needed, or maybe some test, DNA inclusive, of one his cell.

You do not need to know whole thing to know how it's going in most or cases. You need to know only some local situations. What tells more about how people in country live, palace of some dictator in capital city or common house in province? Of course second one.
Last edited by vitos on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Waste of time: too unprofitable for work, too exhausting for hobby.
vitos

Callsign: vitos
IRC name: vitos
Version: 3.4

Postby vitos » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Thorsten wrote in Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:03 am:So - I'm placing this on my ignore list as well.

Not the problem at all. I do not care about how You will act. I only answering on Your messages here.

You mentioned self organization, but You gotta know what level of self organization grows constantly in life. Man is not only body, man have brains. Man not only have brains reacting, man have memory and knowing set of actions. Man not only have memory and actions, man make conclusions and have experience. Man have ideology, man have plans.

If really adult man can not live without own plans, You know that is true, then some society can not live without it too. To be exact, it can on some initial time of own development, but it's only childhood. It's longer than childhood of man commonly but it's only childhood and it can not lasts forever.

You can have some own group without plan for some time, but wait, and You will need to make it, or group will die, what for sure does not mean death of members but only wasted time, or someone else will make that plan while You will lose leadership and maybe membership.
Last edited by vitos on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
vitos

Postby Boeing » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:55 pm

This was already on my ignore list ages ago :roll:
Boeing

Postby vitos » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:58 pm

xiii wrote in Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:15 am:Yeah vitos, it would be better to have some rest, enjoy summer time, and disconnect from your PC for a week or two, doing some sports, running in the woods or reading good books.

Winter will arrive and you are going to regret all that time spent fighting for nothing.

I am only answering on messages here. Winter will come and no one will remember that topic at all I suppose.
vitos

Postby Boeing » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Come on guys why yell at each other and fight over a pretty much nothing like 2 year olds! How about everyone stops and be nice :D . Seriously guys we are a community, we have to work together, and we will get nowhere if people keep fighting. Come on let forgive and forget OK :)
Boeing

Postby vitos » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Boeing wrote in Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:04 pm:Come on guys why yell at each other and fight over a pretty much nothing like 2 year olds! How about everyone stops and be nice :D . Seriously guys we are a community, we have to work together, and we will get nowhere if people keep fighting. Come on let forgive and forget OK :)

I am not fighting anyone. Only answering on messages here.
vitos

Postby vitos » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Boeing wrote:Sigh

Yeah. As Russians says in proper cases, "The music will play in Your house, but You will not hear it."

To not end it on some sad note, my favorite Russian anecdote.

There was fire in hospital, fire brigade had went to settle it down. After it all was finished, firemen foreman gives report to head doctor: So and so, we had get out of fire thirty three men, brought back to life thirty. Three, unfortunately, could not be saved. Head doctor pales a bit, takes a seat and says: Guys... It was morgue...
vitos

Postby Boeing » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Nice video :D thats the Vostok-1 right?
Boeing

Postby vitos » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:44 pm

Boeing wrote in Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:39 pm:Nice video :D thats the Vostok-1 right?

That was Vostok-1 and something what could be here in FG after in case FG was more or less real.
vitos

Postby airzona » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:05 am

I hope this isn't a topic beat to death, but how do I launch? That said:

Yes, I...
  • Read the PDF manual
  • Found and read the other posts in this forum topic
  • Am running v.2.4 (Mac OS X Lion)
  • Meticulously followed all the instructions and variants
Still no joy. It just sits there. Looks really nice though. :)

Thanks in advance!
airzona

Callsign: airzona

Postby kyokoyama » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:03 pm

The manual indicated that this setting... something with the control panel to the pilot's right, pressing a red button... is needed. (Sorry, I haven't flown the Vostok in a while, so I can't remember exactly.. but it was on there; just don't read it all the way.)
Once that was done, I just ditched the manual, put it on full throttle, and it took off, sending me to orbit.

(Sadly, it ejected me from the Earth's orbit, too... Oh well...)

-Sorry I can't remember all the way, but I hope this at least acts as a hint?
Look for "B-BIRD" "N127KY" or "AVA0004" -that's me.

Despite having over 1700 posts here, I am not even close to being the most skilled guy here... I'm just words and bad drawing, not experience. :P
kyokoyama

Callsign: B-BIRD, N127KY
Version: 2.12.1

Postby airzona » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks. I did push the correct buttons in the correct order (I think). I've tried using the mouse and using keystrokes. Nada.

Anyone else? Thanks again!
"power corrupts. powerpoint corrupts absolutely." -edward tufte
airzona

Postby MyName » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:02 am

Please note that simply "pressing the buttons in the correct order" will result in utter and absolute failure to leave the ground. e.g. the topmost left button will start the first stage, but pressing the button to its right(which lights up next) will separate it... it's something you need to do, but not right after you start it.
MyName

Postby airzona » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:07 am

Well I can never get the engine to start in the first place is my point.
"power corrupts. powerpoint corrupts absolutely." -edward tufte
airzona

PreviousNext

Return to Spaceflight