Board index FlightGear Support 3rd Party Repositories

Navigraph - extracting data  Topic is solved

Navigraph - extracting data

Postby dom_vc10 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:54 pm

Hi

I just started my navigraph subscription again and hope to use it with FG. I read that I need to use the leveld 767 data, all fine. Only issue is the download data is an exe installer :-/ I am running Linux. It seems a but much to install wine just to get the data. Is there any trick anyone here is using or indeed need to use windows or WINE?

Thanks
dom_vc10

Version: nightly

Re: Navigraph - extracting data

Postby Isaak » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:18 pm

It seems Navigraph dropped support for Linux FMS Data Manager. It is possible to install certain addons on linux manually, but this option isn't present for LevelD-767. I use Windows myself, which works like a charm, but I'm afraid I can't help you. But I'm sure there are some Linux users who use Navigraph data, so there should be a solution.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby dom_vc10 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:26 pm

I think the only step I can think of now is installing wine. A simple installer should run fine on it.

Thanks for the response though, I thought I was going crazy before thinking there used to be a linux data manager, glad I was not going insane.
dom_vc10

Postby dom_vc10 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:09 pm

using wine works, also looks like the windows FMS data manager should run too

edit: the fms manager also works, much easier than manual download because it will download to a specified folder and then I can run the conversion script there. All solved! :lol:
dom_vc10

Return to 3rd Party Repositories