Some Aircrafts Lagging

Some Aircrafts Lagging

Postby ruhuna » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:33 am

My laptop specs. Aspire 7 Core i7-8057H
2.2GHz (boost up to 4.1)
GTX 1050 with 4GB VRAM
8 GB DDR4 Memory
128GB SSD + 1000GB HDD (FG is on SSD)

I have been running FG 2018.3.2 without any problems. However for the first time I downloaded some aircrafts from 3rd party hangers and when I fly those the video is not smooth. Its like 'stop-start' (fraction of a second lag) running. Few examples are Boeing and Airbus models from IDG but MD11 from IDG runs well.

McDonnell F-4N from GITHUB runs well too.

My laptop is set to gaming mode . I have created a new folder and all the 3rd party planes are in sub-folders of it.

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ruhuna
ruhuna

Re: Some Aircrafts Lagging

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:05 pm

those models may be very heavy in terms of their modeling and the functions they perform for accurate simulation... in other words, it may be the processing in the craft taking more time to run than the frame draw time...

it could also be related to FG loading the scenery... are you using terrasync or an external scenery manager with terrasync turned off? do you see the same problem in minimally developed areas like maybe KMIA?

have you tried 2019.1.1? you might also want to try the nightly 2019.2.0... either of these may help with this problem you are seeing...

also, do you see the same problem with the UFO? this is a good way to determine if the problem is due to the craft or the simulator...

if it is scenery related and related it may go away after some time once the scenery is downloaded and cached... speaking of cache, you might want to enable the DDS cache in the sim and see if that helps any...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby ruhuna » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:53 pm

Thank you very much Wkitty for your reply. First the good news! As you suggested I downloaded 2019.1.1 and it worked perfectly without any lagging issues. (Actually I was not aware of the 2019 release)

Just for your info, I am using terrasync but I enable 'automatic scenery d/l' only when I fly to a destination for the first time. After that I disable it. I tried KMIA and flying the UFO but had the same issue. BTW how do you enable DDS cache?

Thanks once again for your advice! :) :)
ruhuna

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:44 pm

enable the DDS cache in the sim... F10->View->Rendering options... bottom option of the top left panel...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:21 pm

Are you using Rembrandt? That can cause that. Just to confirm the IDG aircraft now work fine on 2019.1? Notice this is now the minimum version for the A320-family, as well ;)
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby ruhuna » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:56 am

Hi Wkitty, I enabled the DDS cache as you advised. Thanks

Hi Legoboyvdlp, the A2xx and A3xx planes from IDG are working fine. If you are referring to Rembrandt Options in Rendering Options, then I have not changed anything. They are in default settings.

(I have a new request re. Scenery and I will post it under Scenery)

Thanks to you both.
ruhuna

Return to 3rd Party Repositories