Board index FlightGear Support 3rd Party Repositories

3rd party aircraft

3rd party aircraft

Postby mixam » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:30 pm

I downoaded the A320neo from github, unzipped the file, and copied it to my aircraft folder. However, when I start flightgear, the aircraft does not appear in the aircraft menu. I tried adding github as an additional hangar, but an error was popping up. I have windows10 and flightgear 2017.2. HALP?
mixam

Re: 3rd party aircraft

Postby Flyngo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:33 pm

Create a new aircraft folder (in Documents/Flightgear etc.), give the complete link to that folder to FG (in the launcher under options, aircraft locations). Remember to rename the Aircraftxxx-master folder to Aircraftxxx ...

There is an option to have links to 3rd party hangars that easy update access etc., but I never found any of these magical links anywhere in the wiki or elsewhere ... :cry:
Flyngo

Callsign: KC-URG
Version: 2017.2.1

Postby mixam » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:47 pm

Is "downloading and checking the hangar information" supposed to take a long time?
mixam

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:17 pm

i'm not aware of any repo on github hosting a hanger as the launcher is expecting but it may be possible if they are creating the proper zip index index files for the launcher to use... generally a hanger like this would be hosted on a simple web site...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to 3rd Party Repositories