Board index FlightGear Support 3rd Party Repositories

Patten Citation X CDU Interframes eater

Patten Citation X CDU Interframes eater

Postby Michat » Mon May 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Howdy patten, we've made a lot of tests with every released production of the Citation X. It seems that since two releases of your model ago, we have experimented problems with the CDU and FG.

Starting the flight everything is okay, however when the flight takes time, lets say about +1 hour later, frames are okay but interframes became very high. Starting the flight interframe spacing time is 40 FPS 40, about 1 hour later interframes goes up for 600 ms while FPS standing on 40. Causing a strange nature lag every some seconds. Making unable to continue the flight.

We have tested on several FG versions. With and without your last two model releases and just the immediately previous one, which is not suffering such problem in any of the FG's release we tested.

How you doing ?
Michat

Version: 191b

Re: Patten Citation X CDU Interframes eater

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed May 24, 2017 2:01 pm

tbh I have never completed a flight using his CDU -- FGFS usually crashed. May or may not be related, but I used to get good flights out of the Citation. Now I just fly VORtoVOR... way easier than restarting the flights :)
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby V12 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:59 am

Citation X was my first plane in the FG, fly nice with FD+LNAV mode. I didn't used CDU. Manual fly is difficult, because joystick is very sensitive around center position. I observed this behaviour on all Cessnas, no matter prop or jet.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Patten » Thu May 25, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi,

It's not a Patten's aircraft, but it's a team work (French PAF TEAM)

http://fr.flightgear.org/forums/viewtop ... 860#p38860

Sorry, it is a Google translation:

"
Hello Christian,
The CDU has not been modified for a long time so I do not think the problems with frames and lags come from it.

I think more than the problem comes from the VSD which is updated every second. In versions prior to the last version, recalculation of the TOD and wp that were in the descent was performed live and several loops of code were running every second. This is why I have moved all these calculations into the FMS and performed these calculations at the time of the activation of the pv and the choice of the cruise altitude to no longer impact the frame rate.

The VSD is, of origin, quite greedy in frames because of calculations of position of the plane and the ground. It dates from a few years (created by Omega95) and I adapted it to the Citation X trying to simplify it to the maximum .."

Regards
Christian (the other :mrgreen: )
Patten

Callsign: Patten
Version: 2018.2.0

Postby miguel » Thu May 25, 2017 4:49 pm

true, the comments of Michat
I flight much Citation X and I have this problem
miguel

Return to 3rd Party Repositories