Board index FlightGear Support 3rd Party Repositories

FGMEMBERS infrastructure vs. FlightGear infrastructure.

Re: FGMEMBERS infrastructure vs. FlightGear infrastructure.

Postby wlbragg » Wed May 18, 2016 7:36 pm

Lydiot wrote in Wed May 18, 2016 7:17 pm:
wlbragg wrote in Wed May 18, 2016 7:03 pm:@Lydiot, you all are confusing a "group consensus" with an individuals choice.

Explain. Because I don't think I'm confusing that at all.

As far as I know, there is/was no "one person" that decides things in the core direction. It is several, experienced core contributors that come to a consensus and make a decision. Sometimes they even reverse course when deemed appropriate.

It really does take a long time of being involved and observing to understand the mechanics, It has been written about ad nauseam. My frustration levels changed drastically once I finally understood how it really works.

Part of what I see that takes place here is this in the most simplistic of terms.

A developer or user creates a new piece of code, content or infrastructure. The majority of the core community likes it and are able to mold it with the cooperation of the creator to fit the project, it's in, respect is gained.

or

A developer or user creates a new piece of code, content or infrastructure. The majority of the core community likes it but are not able to mold it with the cooperation of the creator to fit the project, it's not adopted, respect is probably gained.

or

A developer or user creates a new piece of code, content or infrastructure. The majority of the core community does not like it, it doesn't fit the project, it's not adopted, respect is ?, I suppose it would depend on what happens next.

I really do think it is as simple as that.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby Lydiot » Wed May 18, 2016 7:51 pm

wlbragg:

Ok, so it appears I misunderstood the process then. When "content" is "molded" to "fit the project", it always requires that "the core community" does it. Not an individual.

Is that correct?
Lydiot

Postby geed » Wed May 18, 2016 7:53 pm

I second dfaber's opinion.

It is time to close this thread. It has been on top of the latest posts for too long now.
geed

Callsign: G-EED
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby stuart » Wed May 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Locking the thread, as it's not going anywhere and is descending into a flamewar (rule 5).

-Stuart (the mod)
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Previous

Return to 3rd Party Repositories