Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events Air traffic control

Need help installing SquawkBox or SquawkGear  Topic is solved

ATC systems, events and procedures.

Need help installing SquawkBox or SquawkGear

Postby IbrahimSaazi » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:29 pm

Split off from the topics FlightGear and VATSIM and FG 2018 3.5 does not install on IMAC.

PLEASE MAY SOMEONE SEND ME THE LINK OR HOW TO DOWNLOAD SQUAWK GEAR/BOX FOR THE VIRTUAL ATC PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(
Last edited by Johan G on Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split off from the topics "FlightGear and VATSIM" and "FG 2018 3.5 does not install on IMAC".
IbrahimSaazi

Re: FlightGear and VATSIM

Postby tdammers » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:59 pm

Don't use squawkbox. It's unmaintained, Windows-only, and doesn't support AFV (new voice protocol), which means that even if you could get it to work, you wouldn't be able to talk, only fly.

Instead, use swift - the UX is somewhat confusing, but it works fine, it supports FG out of the box, and has native versions for OSX, Windows and Linux.
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Re: ATC

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:27 pm

THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS THE ONE ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF YOUR KEYBOARD :)

In any case, check out swift:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35530
http://wiki.flightgear.org/Swift
https://datastore.swift-project.org/page/about.php
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Re: FlightGear and VATSIM  

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:43 pm

@IbrahimSaazi and please don't post about the same thing in more than one topic... then give folks some time to respond... this is not a live discussion area like irc or discord where you also have to post your question and wait quietly for someone to respond...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: Need help installing SquawkBox or SquawkGear

Postby V12 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:51 pm

I made some MP test flights with FG and P3D or FSX via own FSD server and Swift out of the VATSIM environment. All tests was with not optimal results. I was satisfied only with manual entered weather in both simulators. With live weather I never had same wind dir, speed or altitude. There was delay 3-5 seconds, FG2020.2.0 was too unstable for serious flying. Absence of the SID, STAR and procedures in FG is annoying, but I was able live without it on flat airports. I have Navigraph subscription for FMS data, I converted Level-D format for FG, but for less experienced users this is serious problem. LOC W 26 approach to Innsbruck in FG is very spectacular, especial with A320 family - FBW rulez over NGXu.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Return to Air traffic control