Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events Air traffic control

Flightgear ATC Events

ATC systems, events and procedures.

Flightgear ATC Events

Postby lenny64600 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:17 pm

Hello dear all,

I'm the webmaster of the Flightgear ATC website. I recently made some aesthetic and security changes on the website to improve the user experience. For now here are the changes that have been made so far:

- Better calendar visibility with one column per day showing all events
- A map showing current controlled airports alongside future planned ATC events
- User validation feature to indicate whether the ATC is reliable (has been effectively controlling events in the past)
- Stats for events and controllers in order to let pilots have some visibility regarding when an airport has more chances to be controlled
- Possibility to show or hide some information (such as event info or flight plan info)

There have been in the past some problems with malicious users who used to interfere with great ATCs. I hope they won't appear anymore, and that's why i added the user validation feature to avoid this kind of problem in the future.

Now i'm curious to know what you like or don't like about the website. I would also be happy to get your feedback about the features you would like to have added into the website. My main goal is to let ATCs have an easy way to indicate when they are active, and provide visibility to pilots aiming to fly with ATCs.

I don't know exactly what can be improved but i would be happy reading your great ideas to have a super useful and simple to use website!

Have some really nice flights :)
*NEW : New website to follow ATC sessions : http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net
Follow us on Twitter
@Flightgear_ATC
lenny64600

Callsign: LFOK_TW, F-LENNY

Re: Flightgear ATC Events

Postby danielHL » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:07 pm

Wow that looks great. Thanks for putting up that service! I don't use multiplayer that much anymore but I can remember picking the spots to fly in part by your site and the available ATCs.

On issue though: the map view is relatively narrow. Maybe increase the height a bit, if possible?

Cheers,
Daniel
danielHL / D-FMPW
danielHL

Callsign: D-FMPW
Version: next

Re: Flightgear ATC Events

Postby lenny64600 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:03 pm

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes of course it's totally possible. I think the best would be to store zoom into a cookie so that it fits perfectly the user needs and wishes :)
Best regards,
Lenny
*NEW : New website to follow ATC sessions : http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net
Follow us on Twitter
@Flightgear_ATC
lenny64600

Callsign: LFOK_TW, F-LENNY

Return to Air traffic control