Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 2

Re: ATC at KSEA?

Postby KIWI34 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:32 am

Hey you gotta start somewhere.
If i have 20-30 mins ill sign on as KSFO tower, and help those who need it. Yes you will get the majority that just shoot at each other but some others really do want help and as a person that used to need heaps of guidance on FG i like to return the favour.

Lydiot wrote in Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:19 am:ATCing at KSFO sucks though.

What makes it sucky? the pilots that dont listen?
I would say maybe if you had the patience to help those "newbies" out they would really appreciate it, remember not everyone is perfect, I'm guessing you started out as a "newbie" like me and most other people on here.
Its up to the individual to decide what to do, if ATC at KSFO sucks then make it better, make it enjoyable and fun for others.
-KIWI
Callsigns : KIWI34 , CHT0054 ( seasonal )
Aircraft : ANZ 777-200ER ( South Pacific ) ANZ A320-214 ( Europe )
Want to know where I'm flying ? i always file a flight plan for every flight on :
http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net/index.php5
KIWI34

Callsign: KIWI34
Version: 2019 1.1

Postby Turnit » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:21 pm

I would do that someone. Possibly during a non peak time.
Harbor Air Virutal - Launching 11/28/2019
Turnit

Callsign: Turnit
Version: 2017.2.1

Postby Lydiot » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:43 pm

KIWI34 wrote in Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:32 am:Hey you gotta start somewhere.
If i have 20-30 mins ill sign on as KSFO tower, and help those who need it. Yes you will get the majority that just shoot at each other but some others really do want help and as a person that used to need heaps of guidance on FG i like to return the favour.

Lydiot wrote in Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:19 am:ATCing at KSFO sucks though.

What makes it sucky? the pilots that dont listen?
I would say maybe if you had the patience to help those "newbies" out they would really appreciate it, remember not everyone is perfect, I'm guessing you started out as a "newbie" like me and most other people on here.
Its up to the individual to decide what to do, if ATC at KSFO sucks then make it better, make it enjoyable and fun for others.
-KIWI

I'm not blaming newbies for sucking or being uncooperative. I fully understand that their abilities are limited, as well as that many pilots around there aren't interested in ATC. The reason I said it sucked is because you get all or some of the following:

- Newbies that aren't skilled enough for even rudimentary flying
- Newbies that don't understand basic commands
- Pilots that ignore commands
- Pilots that ignore others, period (i.e. blocking runways etc)
- Players that are abusive

So, adding all of that together, in my opinion, ATC at KSFO sucks for the most part. It still doesn't mean that I blame newbies, just that I don't find it rewarding for the most part. After all, if you have a hard time managing traffic (i.e. it's impossible) then your job ends up being borderline pointless.
Lydiot

Previous

Return to Air traffic control