Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

Custom navigation data  Topic is solved

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

Custom navigation data

Postby VA-41 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:08 pm

I have made my own nav data files based on official charts. These files don't cover the whole world, only a limited area. Could ATC-pie be made to support multiple files or location specific files, since currently I have to manually move files before I start ATC-pie in a new location?
VA-41

Re: Custom navigation data  

Postby mickybadia » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:51 am

Hello,
This is not quite specific enough. You say you have created custom data; what data exactly? Do you mean navaid/fix/awy.dat files with only points that are around your location? If so, note that these files are not meant to be location-specific. They are used to read and suggest routes on the world level, not just to display radar points (see CONFIG/nav/Notice).
If you want to edit the default data by hand (instead of providing updated AIRAC sources), the best approach is to copy the resources/x-plane/*.dat files and edit the entries that are obsolete.
mickybadia

Re: Custom navigation data

Postby VA-41 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:50 pm

mickybadia wrote in Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:51 am:If you want to edit the default data by hand (instead of providing updated AIRAC sources), the best approach is to copy the resources/x-plane/*.dat files and edit the entries that are obsolete.

I did not realise I could do that, I'll try that. Thanks for the help.
VA-41

Return to ATC-pie