Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

NEW RELEASE! v1.8: incl. telephone land lines

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

NEW RELEASE! v1.8: incl. telephone land lines

Postby mickybadia » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:32 am

Hello forum readers,

I have just pushed a new ATC-pie version for download. The main new feature in this v1.8.0 is telephone land lines in multi-player sessions (FlightGear and FSD). It allows to communicate with other ATCs by voice, directly placing and answering calls from the ATC coordination dock. The following excerpt from the ATC-pie quick reference gives you a hint of the efficient integrated switchboard:
Notes on land line switching:
  • you can only talk to one ATC at a time but may place multiple outgoing calls;
  • answering an incoming call while already in a call drops the one in progress, allowing to pick it back up as long as the other party holds the line ("still incoming");
  • if a call you placed is answered while you are in another call, the former switches to show as an incoming call without interrupting the one in progress;
  • conversely, if an incoming call you answer turns to "placed" (outgoing only) instead of "in progress", the other party was already on the phone and is now seeing an incoming call from you.

Also, CPDLC has been consolidated and the corresponding FlightGear extension to allow MP aircraft to interact with the feature is now merged to "next", i.e. currently under test and staged for the next FG release this year. See this page for more info and further links. In particular, check out the CPDLC generic dialog add-on to play with the feature (FG "next" required at this time).
In ATC-pie, you can manually compose CPDLC messages from an open dialogue window. But the new "ALT" modifier key was introduced to combine with several mouse gestures conveniently. See the quick ref for more.
mickybadia

Re: NEW RELEASE! v1.8: incl. telephone land lines

Postby mickybadia » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:52 am

KNOWN BUG with 1.8.0: crash on right mouse button press while using the heading vector tool.

This is already fixed in the development version, which I will push soon as stable because it is a bad bug and needs to be cleared. I am just waiting a little longer in case more bugs are spotted with the recent update. Until then, avoid the fatal mouse gesture!
mickybadia

Postby mickybadia » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:39 pm

Done. Version 1.8.1 now available from SourceForge and the wiki pages updated.
mickybadia

Postby mickybadia » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:11 am

Hello,
After a few bug reports and fixes, I have bumped the master version to 1.8.3. A couple of the bugs were actually crashing the program on Windows, so I recommend the update.

It also includes:
  • an improvement on the ATC phone lines, and the possibility of adjusting the microphone sensitivity (adjusting to the right value for your set-up will work around the major sound problems detected);
  • forward time skip (10 seconds) in solo ("cheat") and tutoring sessions;
  • finer control of image positioning helper step.

NOTES:
  • The background image directory is now "CONFIG/bg". Any useful file you had in the old "bg-img" should now be moved there.
  • The integrated FG session announcement feature was replaced with a link to lenny64's website.
mickybadia

Postby mickybadia » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:43 pm

I am sorry for this but the new version had broken the strip lists because of a stupid mistake on my part, trying to conform my code to some of the PEP style recommendations... whatever.
So I had to produce a new one: 1.8.4 has just been uploaded to SourceForge.

NOTE: Configuration file extensions "ini" are now renamed "conf" as the historical INI was creating expectations on the content format which were not met.
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie