Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

New ATC-pie version + notes on future MP features enabled

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

New ATC-pie version + notes on future MP features enabled

Postby mickybadia » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:18 pm

I have pushed a new master version today (1.7.1) because there was a serious bug with the teaching mode (crash on strip send to student), so I felt I should not delay the release any longer.

You will note that it includes a new (the likely future) FGCom variant option for FG sessions. It is technically a bit early because it relies on a running Mumble of a version that is still officially only in development. But for the developer's testing convenience and to ensure future compatibility with ATC services I worked on interfacing it immediately it was proposed, and it was already on the ramp for the next version so it just got included here. More on this project here. I do hope it is eventually adopted among MP users because it will bring real and fully integrated radio behaviour and sound to the cockpits and ATC stations on the network.

Besides, CPDLC has been featured in ATC-pie for over a year already, but only for solo and teaching sessions, nothing being really possible for FG sessions, for lack of equipped aircraft to connect. But some are now working on equipping aircraft with it, and I have been in contact with them. So there is a chance we see this gradually roll out too.

As you see the new features this time are more future ones than immediately useful ones, but having them already open in ATC-pie, sort of ahead of their time, can only encourage them to develop after all.
Have fun.
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie