Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

Aircrafts not rendered in tower view solo mode

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

Aircrafts not rendered in tower view solo mode

Postby Aomurasaki » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:26 pm

Hello, i began with ATC-pie but i have a proble with tower view because is not rendering aircrafts properly, i read the guide and modified some paths in the icao2fgfs file , i also modified the paths for root and aircrafts in the system settings but the models still wrong. Can somebody help me please
https://ibb.co/vz7QRK7
Aomurasaki

Callsign: LIGHTHWK01
Version: 2020.3.6

Re: Aircrafts not rendered in tower view solo mode

Postby mickybadia » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:45 am

What you are seeing is the default "blue & yellow glider", which can mean that your model is not found, but also that it has not loaded yet, or that your level of detail (LOD) is such that the ACFT is considered too far to deserve rendering. These possibilities are probably ruled out as your shot seems close and I suppose you have been playing long enough to call this a problem so it should have loaded. But just saying, sometimes they can take up to 10 s to load, esp. if using a standard office laptop. So it is worth waiting with the ACFT in frame just to make sure, and why it can be appropriate to use the so-called "AI" aircraft when available, as they are a lot more lightweight (no cockpit instruments, etc.).

As for the paths, if you are using internal tower view processes, it will work if you make sure that the directory entered as "aircraft directory" in the settings exists on your system, and that each ACFT entry in "icao2fgfs" also exists when appended to the former. For example, I have "/home/blah/fgaddon" as "aircraft directory" (which contains an "Aircraft" subdir with the fgaddon model contents), and "Aircraft/747-400/Models/747-400.xml" in the "B744" entry of "icao2fgfs".
If you are using an external process, the model entries must exist on the running machine, and the process started with an appropriate --fg-aircraft option to set the aircraft dir.
mickybadia

Re: Aircrafts not rendered in tower view solo mode

Postby Aomurasaki » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:45 pm

Thank you so much for answering, i were busy all the weel but today i can try again. By the way, i see your tutorial(for ATCpie) on youtube, great job dude.
Last edited by Johan G on Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the entire post directly above yours.
Aomurasaki

Callsign: LIGHTHWK01
Version: 2020.3.6

Return to ATC-pie