Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

ATC-pie issues on Windows 10

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

ATC-pie issues on Windows 10

Postby IceDiamond » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:07 am

First, I was try to open ATC-pie.py as:
SquabToast wrote in Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:59 pm:Hi,
I know it's a long time, but I might help you (and some other people) :wink: .
Please...
...install WinPython
...open properties of ATC-Pie.py
...open it with Windows Interpreter.exe
I hope I could help you

Then it show this:
File "C:\Users\*edited my name out*\code\WinPython\python-3.5.4.amd64\lib\runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
"__main__", mod_spec)
File "C:\Users\*edited my name out*\code\WinPython\python-3.5.4.amd64\lib\runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "C:\Users\*edited my name out*\code\WinPython\python-3.5.4.amd64\scripts\ptpython.exe\__main__.py", line 9, in <module>
File "C:\Users\*edited my name out*\code\WinPython\python-3.5.4.amd64\lib\site-packages\ptpython\entry_points\run_ptpython.py", line 55, in run
six.exec_(compile(open(a['<arg>'][0], "rb").read(), a['<arg>'][0], 'exec'))
File "C:\Users\*edited my name out*\code\ATC-pie-1.6.1\ATC-pie.py", line 31, in <module>
from session.config import settings, app_icon_path
ImportError: No module named 'session'

So I following mickypadia way to did it like this:
Once the ATC-pie files are downloaded/extracted, to create a shortcut and enable
starting ATC-pie with a double-click from the desktop or file browser:
- right click on "ATC-pie.py" and create a new shortcut;
- in the "target" field, add "cmd /k" before the text already present;
- "run from" should contain ATC-pie directory path (where "ATC-pie.py" is);
- accept the dialog.

But it appear "C:\Users\hohok\Downloads\ATC-pie-1.6.5>" only, can someone help me deal with this?

P.s. My computer is run by Windows 10 64bit.
IceDiamond

Re: ATC-pie issues on Windows 10

Postby mickybadia » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:07 pm

IceDiamond wrote in Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:07 am:ImportError: No module named 'session'

There is a chance that this means you are not starting the program from the ATC-pie directory, which you should be doing. If using a shell, first navigate to it (cd ...) before executing. If using a shortcut icon, the "start in" field should point to it (but this already says in the README).

If you are positive that you are doing the above... I remember seeing this on a Windows once after the person had extracted the archive. After a while I found out that some files/directories had been renamed with a "_" prefix, e.g. "session" had become "_session". As crazy as it seems, it had, and although I do not believe in miracles, I could not explain it (bug in the unrar program?)... In any case by renaming them back, it worked.
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie