Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

New version 1.6.4

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

New version 1.6.4

Postby mickybadia » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:47 pm

Hello,

The new master version bundled today for download on SourceForge includes mostly small changes (see log below), except for one thing: configuration files.

With this version, ALL editable and configuration/settings files are now grouped under a single "CONFIG" directory, separate from all initially packaged resources and therefore easier to backup, transfer, etc. They now also more consistently accept line comments, which fine-tuners will appreciate. This comes with two consequences for those who had saved or worked on personal settings that they wish to keep:
  1. personal files still under "resources" will not be read; please move them to "CONFIG" for them to go back into effect;
  2. old hex colour specs will break because of the '#' prefix now interpreted as a line comment separator; please remove all '#' prefixes to recycle any previous file.

If you downloaded and extracted again to upgrade, and don't have fancy config you have worked on in the past and want to keep, you have nothing to worry about.

Change log is the following:
  • speed format and WTC position options in radar tags
  • rack sequence numbers on radar screen option
  • flag radar contact (manual colour highlight)
  • show ACFT cheat toggles menu option
  • X-plane 11 nav data format compatibility
  • grouped custom/editable data and settings into single directory
  • region disambiguation in point specification strings
  • nav data error log file
  • customisable Qt stylesheet for session window

EDIT: bumped version to 1.6.4 as the weather update was broken (my fault and thanks to Colin for spotting the problem), so sorry for the back-to-back up- & downloads
mickybadia

Re: New version 1.6.4

Postby CaptB » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:33 pm

Regarding the config files. Confirm old .dat(pre XP11) files are completely depreciated now? They don't seem to work for me, and neither the new ones it seems(unless I am doing something wrong)
Ongoing projects(3D modelling): A320, MD-11, A350, B767
FG767: https://fg767.wordpress.com/
CaptB

Callsign: EKCH_AP
IRC name: CaptB
Version: next

Postby mickybadia » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:45 pm

Hi,
Negative, older files (XP10) should still work, even side by side with XP11, though the latter is preferred. I am not saying there could be no bugs, but if your new ones do not work either, I bet you are just having them in the wrong place.
Which "dat" files are you talking about? For example, airport files go to CONFIG/ad/ and navaid/airway/fix fix files go to CONFIG/nav/ (each of these dir's have a "Notice" file for spec format and file naming, nothing under "resources/" any more). For a complete description of everything you can configure with files, see CONFIG/Notice.
Does this help?
mickybadia

Postby mickybadia » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:48 pm

Also note: nav/AD files found missing when ATC-pie attempts to read them are now reported to the console output at start-up with the exact name expected.
mickybadia

Postby CaptB » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:42 am

Thanks, it worked. The files included with XP10 and XP11 need renaming, in addition there are several with the same in the XP folder/subfolders which makes it confusing which one to use. also there seems to be no AD-positions file, at least in XP10 so I reused what I had with the old version of ATC-Pie(not sure where I got that from)

Also, the way colour definitions work in the DRAW files changed a bit so that threw out errors, but works fine now.
Ongoing projects(3D modelling): A320, MD-11, A350, B767
FG767: https://fg767.wordpress.com/
CaptB

Callsign: EKCH_AP
IRC name: CaptB
Version: next

Postby mickybadia » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:11 am

So I understand this was only about the NAV files.

CaptB wrote in Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:42 am:Thanks, it worked. The files included with XP10 and XP11 need renaming, in addition there are several with the same in the XP folder/subfolders which makes it confusing which one to use.

Although I read about it (and barely remember: coexisting application-level---default?---files and user files, etc.), I don't know how X-plane organises its files precisely. So I couldn't tell exactly which to use. Regardless, data can come from other sources, e.g. Navigraph provides it in the XP10 and XP11 formats last time I was shown a sample.

CaptB wrote in Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:42 am:also there seems to be no AD-positions file, at least in XP10 so I reused what I had with the old version of ATC-Pie(not sure where I got that from)

That works. As specified in CONFIG/nav/Notice §4, a default AD-positions is generated by ATC-pie itself if none is provided. That is why you had one.

CaptB wrote in Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:42 am:Also, the way colour definitions work in the DRAW files changed a bit so that threw out errors, but works fine now.

That is correct. As I warned in my post. This is because '#' now works as a comment separator everywhere, including in those files. (I apologise for the one-time trouble , but preferred not to have multiple comment syntax schemes across the program in the long run).
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie