Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

Help on Windows 10 installation

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

Help on Windows 10 installation

Postby avfan507 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:08 pm

Hello all,

I found this awesome looking game but have faced a wall every time I have tried to install it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled countless times and have spent I don't even know how long trying to find a version of winpython that works with this. I have ATC-pie version 1.6.1 and downloaded WinPython64-3.5.4.2Qt5 because that was the version closest to the recommended 3.4.4.1 in the readme file that actually installed without writing errors.

Nevertheless, I have placed everything in folders, unzipped the ATC-pie files and when I run ATC-pie.py with python I receive the following in a command prompt:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\*edited my name out*\code\WinPython\python-3.5.4.amd64\lib\runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
"__main__", mod_spec)
File "C:\Users\*edited my name out*\code\WinPython\python-3.5.4.amd64\lib\runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "C:\Users\*edited my name out*\code\WinPython\python-3.5.4.amd64\scripts\ptpython.exe\__main__.py", line 9, in <module>
File "C:\Users\*edited my name out*\code\WinPython\python-3.5.4.amd64\lib\site-packages\ptpython\entry_points\run_ptpython.py", line 55, in run
six.exec_(compile(open(a['<arg>'][0], "rb").read(), a['<arg>'][0], 'exec'))
File "C:\Users\*edited my name out*\code\ATC-pie-1.6.1\ATC-pie.py", line 31, in <module>
from session.config import settings, app_icon_path
ImportError: No module named 'session'

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Based on the videos I've seen and things I've read, this looks like an awesome simulator. I'd really hate to give up on it.

DISCLAMER: I know next to nothing about command promtps/coding/python/etc. I am trying to learn. I hope that doesn't stop me from ever getting to use this simulator. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
avfan507

Re: Help on Windows 10 installation

Postby xDraconian » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:33 am

I don't use ATC-Pie, but here are some things to try.

These are the important error messages:
Code: Select all
from session.config import settings, app_icon_path
ImportError: No module named 'session'

This is saying that it cannot find a folder called 'session' containing a file called 'config.py'.
Verify that your ATC-pie folder contains this session folder and within it the config.py file.

3.5.4 is getting old, while ATC-pie is very recent (April 2019). The first thing I would do is upgrade to the latest WinPython (WinPython_3.7).
xDraconian

Version: Git

Postby mickybadia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:14 am

xDraconian wrote in Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:33 am:This is saying that it cannot find a folder called 'session' containing a file called 'config.py'.

Probably because you are not running ATC-pie from its root directory. You must make the ATC-pie folder the "current directory" before running. Something like:
cd blah\blah\ATC-pie

Only then:
blah\blah\python3.exe ATC-pie.py

If you try a new WinPython and things work I might update the README. There were times when the latest did not work well but we may be past those...
mickybadia

Postby mickybadia » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:52 am

After installing an ATC-pie on Windows myself at the FSweekend, I got a better feel of what to do for Windows 10. I am therefore updating the README instructions, as follows:
To get both Python3 and PyQt5 dependencies working at once, a trick is to
install a WinPython+Qt5 package, downloadable from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/winpython/

Once the ATC-pie files are downloaded/extracted, to create a shortcut and enable
starting ATC-pie with a double-click from the desktop or file browser:
- right click on "ATC-pie.py" and create a new shortcut;
- in the "target" field, add "cmd /k" before the text already present;
- "run from" should contain ATC-pie directory path (where "ATC-pie.py" is);
- accept the dialog.

If your .py files are correctly associated with Python3 (cf. "Open with"),
double clicking on the created shortcut should start the ATC-pie launcher.

This may help you.
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie