Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

Vectoring instructions in SOLO mode (Airport)  Topic is solved

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

Vectoring instructions in SOLO mode (Airport)

Postby Lester » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:03 pm

Hey,

Thank you for this awesome software!
I've been trying the combined role of GND+TWR+APP recently, and I've encountered some issues for the fine-grained vectoring of aircrafts.

I'm able to assign heading, speed and elevation holding SHIFT+Left Click, that correctly update linked strip.
However, instructions are not sent to AI-controlled aircrafts (nor are generated in the textbar as explained in the help): aircrafts just follow their initial route.
I cannot find any instruction related to vectoring in the instructions panel, except for direct navaid instructions (which is quite limited).

Is there any way to send instructions to AI pilots in order to follow specific landing procedures (especially in VFR mode)?
Thanks!
Lester

Re: Vectoring instructions in SOLO mode (Airport)  

Postby mickybadia » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:25 am

Hi,
My guess is that you have voice recognition active. Is "VOICE" shown in the status bar when you start the session?
If so, mouse input does not send instructions, and things behave more like IRL. See "instructing aircraft" in the section on solo sessions in the user guide.
The text instruction suggestion on vector input should work in multi-player. It is in case you want to send it to a pilot with no radio comm. Solo takes no text input.
mickybadia

Postby Lester » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:44 pm

Thanks, the voice recognition was active indeed!
I dug a bit in the source code and was able to perform some basic voice instructions to vector AI crafts, but the mouse mode is also a very good solution :mrgreen:

Thanks again for the lightning fast support!
Lester

Postby mickybadia » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Source code?!
Nah, please use the quick reference instead (Help menu or F1). I wrote it on purpose, it has a full tab about it. Hopefully you have an accent close enough to American English. :-/ Sorry, it's all Sphinx had to offer.
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie