Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

ATC-pie tutorial workshop

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

ATC-pie tutorial workshop

Postby mickybadia » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi,
A few (new?) users have been asking a few questions recently, and many helpful features seem to be unknown in various areas of the software, which I admit has grown beyond what can be discovered in a couple of sessions. It also has been a while since my last video or online chat with anybody on Mumble---these used to happen as I was actively developing the core features.

So, I wondered if anybody would be interested in a scheduled workshop where I would connect and take all questions re. the software. We could discuss, demonstrate and explain everything live to all connected.

Would there be a few people interested in such event? And how about Sunday, July 8, 2018, from 1800Z to 2000Z?
mickybadia

Re: ATC-pie tutorial workshop

Postby mickybadia » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:20 am

Hi,
If nobody replies that they are interested by the end of today, I will call the session off so make sure you drop a line of you are.
mickybadia

Postby TheCrazyMaffin » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:52 am

I would participate but its a bit late could u maybe move it too 1700z-1900z or even better 1600z - 1800z? Otherwise ill be there at 1800z but idk how long ill stay :|
TheCrazyMaffin

Callsign: D-A5DC

Postby mickybadia » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:37 am

This would make only a little difference for me. I invite any next person to post their preference and we'll average.
mickybadia

Postby mickybadia » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:33 pm

For anyone evesdropping, since only TheCrazyMaffin answered and was going to have an event of his/her own, I will be tuning in now directly and giving a few tips and comments and that will be it.

Anybody interested in such a session in the future is welcome to follow up here then and we'll see to arrange something.
mickybadia

Postby tastybassy » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:49 pm

mickybadia wrote in Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:33 pm:For anyone evesdropping, since only TheCrazyMaffin answered and was going to have an event of his/her own, I will be tuning in now directly and giving a few tips and comments and that will be it.

Anybody interested in such a session in the future is welcome to follow up here then and we'll see to arrange something.

I'm just beginning with this now. Any chance you still do this kind of thing?
tastybassy

Postby mickybadia » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:53 am

Hi,
No it has been a while since anybody asked for anything beyond the occasional question. Note that the intention was not to get into ATC training, only to explain the software or clarify features with real users, point at helpful features for specific situations... at the same time open a door to comments and wishes. I could consider some similar thing again, only not for a single person. Perhaps the best thing still is to open a new thread with your question(s) and see what kind of response emerges?
mickybadia

Postby CaptB » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:33 am

If you are interested in ATC, as in controlling, I can help you with that. I mentor new ATC on VATSIM for years.
Ongoing projects(3D modelling): A320, MD-11, A350, B767
FG767: https://fg767.wordpress.com/
CaptB

Callsign: EKCH_AP
IRC name: CaptB
Version: next

Postby tastybassy » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:01 pm

mickybadia wrote in Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:53 am:Hi,
No it has been a while since anybody asked for anything beyond the occasional question. Note that the intention was not to get into ATC training, only to explain the software or clarify features with real users, point at helpful features for specific situations... at the same time open a door to comments and wishes. I could consider some similar thing again, only not for a single person. Perhaps the best thing still is to open a new thread with your question(s) and see what kind of response emerges?

The truth is that I'm having great trouble getting ATC-pie installed properly... Using windows 10, and I have downloaded the Winpython Pyqt5 package, but when I try to run ATC-pie it can't find Pyqt5 or other modules.
I'm no programer, but I really like what Atcpie offers and would very much like to use it
tastybassy

Return to ATC-pie