Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

remember the settings?  Topic is solved

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

remember the settings?

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:35 pm

each time i start i have to always go in and set things the way i want them... eg: enable the background image on the radar, open the flight plans, open the instructions, open the tower view, enable the tower view, select tabbed racks, etc... how can i start ATC-PIE with these already set the way they were when i shut down or have them open for me in a default layout of my choosing?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: remember the settings?  

Postby mickybadia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:12 am

All dialog and menu settings are systematically saved and restored on start. The location settings (Alt+F11) are specific to the location (AD or CTR).

Other choices require a manual save action:
  • dock layout (cf. wkitty42: "open the flight plans, open the instructions, open the tower view"): View >> Docks >> Save layout (SHIFT+F12) --- rationale for F12 was posted here
  • rack names, order, colours: Strip panel >> Options >> Save rack config
  • pinned radar points and custom labels: Radar panel >> Opts >> Save ...

Bg images do not restore. I have considered including them (and other radar options) with the last item above, but it made less sense if using more than one radar screen. The tower view window does not open automatically, and it is better that way (heavy process, and can be set to external).
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie