Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

Extended MP radar range

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

Extended MP radar range

Postby mickybadia » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:28 pm

I posted this on the testing list but ATC-pie has been ready for quite some time, so everybody can already enjoy the feature without a new download.

News: MP servers are currently upgrading to v0.13+. The upgrade implements a long-standing request for being able to receive traffic further away than 100 NM.

This brings an old ATC-pie feature live: the radar range option is now fully functional on the public FG network. Reminder: the dotted circle around the radar centre (default colour is dark yellow) delimits this range, configurable in the general settings.

NB: as far as I know, the (separate) OpenRadar strip exchange server still hard-codes a 180-NM distance limit between ATCs to allow handover. I'll write up to see if this can be made flexible.

And a reminder: ATC-pie offers a CTR mode. It can centre the radar anywhere on Earth, disables all "base airport" business and allows to save location-specific settings like pinned navpoints, racks, etc.

Notes:
- a new version of ATC-pie is on its way, and will allow to extend those ranges further than the tentative <EDIT>ones limits</EDIT> in place with the current 1.2.0;
- for this feature to work, you need to connect to a server running FGMS>=0.13.2 (check here).
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie