Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

ATIS recording

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

ATIS recording

Postby GammaDeltaII » Wed May 17, 2017 10:34 pm

I was just wondering about this feature, since it does not seem to be functional and I could not find any further info about it. I am currently using text ATIS, but that's not ideal. It would be a nice addition if the ATIS recording would work. Any info on this?
Providing ATC service at Schiphol (EHAM) every now and then
GammaDeltaII

Callsign: EHAM

Re: ATIS recording

Postby mickybadia » Thu May 18, 2017 8:01 am

Short answer: yes it does work.

A few technicalities though... Due to FGCom design, two conditions are required to record an ATIS, and perhaps one of them were not met when you tried. This is from distant memory, so maybe not fully accurate, but should help you nonetheless:
1. your phone book must match that of the distant server. So if you have updated a freq to account for real life change, you may have broken the feature
2. the freq must be counted as ATIS on the server side. And I think it filters (a) the recordable freqs down to (b) those containing the string "ATIS" inside their name, or some funny constraint like that, which ATC-pie does not do.

I have recorded one at KSFO which worked perfectly, but it will be deleted. So try yourself there on 118.85, it works. If you have tried at your usual EHAM, no freq satisfies condition 2, so that is certainly why.
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie