Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

NEW RELEASE! v1.1: GUI toolbars & RWY incursion detection

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

NEW RELEASE! v1.1: GUI toolbars & RWY incursion detection

Postby mickybadia » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:02 am

Hello, and happy new year.

Here is a new release for ATC-pie, including two major features (1, 2) and two other noteworthy ones (3, 4). Also, the default colour configuration has changed for a more professional dark look allowing for more contrast, but they all remain customisable.
Please have fun with all this, and I am happy if anybody posts screenshots of those feature in this thread. I am lazy to do it tonight, but it would look more pretty.

-----

1. Runway occupation and incursion detection
A runway is now highlighted when either:
- it is reserved, i.e. a strip is boxed for that runway;
- the RWY monitor picks up traffic on it.

The default colours are:
- yellow for reserved runways with at most one ACFT on their surface;
- red for reserved runways with more traffic, and unreserved ones with traffic.

A runway incursion sound toggle and notification were added for incursions on RWYs selected as "in use".

-----

2. Toolbars, icons and dock flash option
The first thing you will see. All toolbars can be toggled, moved, detached... Given the numerous docks and possible layouts, a dock flash option is now available to help you find what you are looking for on panel raise from menu or toolbar button.

EDIT: Below is a screen shot of the 3 new toolbars, incl. general tools (top, with text), dock panel buttons (bottom left, 13 available) and strip/FPL creation actions (bottom right).

-----

3. Strip shelf
I had always felt something was wrong about "deleting" a strip that you had controlled, vs. deleting one that you had messed up, or duplicated, etc. The former action is normal ATC operation performed when releasing a contact without handing it over, whereas the latter is private and irrelevant strip manipulation.

For a better account of the realistic work flow, I have introduced a strip "shelf" under every racked or loose strip panel. The historic and iconless "- strip" button has made room for:
- a shelf on which released contacts should be dropped;
- a smaller "delete" button next to it.

Clicking on the shelf displays the shelved strips, which can be recalled on the default rack and recycled.

-----

4. RWY parameters for accepted ACFT categories
Using X-plane ACFT categories (props, jets...), runways can now be configured to accept only certain categories. Parametrising your runways correctly, you can now avoid 777s requesting departure from a short grass strip in your solo sessions for examples. The instruction panel also filters its runway lists according to this parameter.
Last edited by mickybadia on Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mickybadia

Re: NEW RELEASE! v1.1.0: GUI toolbars & RWY incursion detect

Postby PINTO » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:42 am

Hey mickeybadia!
Using 1.1.0 and loving it. The improvements are amazing.

Here's my current setup for the airport I'm working at:

Quite happy with it. I want to do some custom colors and get a dark theme going.

Anywho, two things aren't working for me.
Doing an OSM image download, and uploading a flightplan to Lenny's site.

This is the error when I try to publish a flightplan online:
I've confirmed my email/password is correct, and I've gone as far as to put data in every flightplan field I could find, but can't get it to work.

Here's my OSM download settings - it seems to fail no matter what the ratio is
And the error is:

Console log (was working on background images, so ignore those):
Code: Select all
Loading aircraft data... done.
Reading world navigation data... done.
Setting up session 4864-0 in AD mode at location KLAS.
Radar position is: 36°4'57.87''N 115°8'50.14''W
Reload: background images
KLAS/BOACH6.sid: No navpoint for "ZEWLMA" or navpoint not unique (consider using '~' operator)
KLAS/BOACH6.sid: No navpoint for "JOTNU" or navpoint not unique (consider using '~' operator)
KLAS/BOACH6.sid: No navpoint for "TNP" or navpoint not unique (consider using '~' operator)
Actively developing the MiG-21bis (github repo) (forum thread) (dev discord) (fg wiki)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: stable

Re: NEW RELEASE! v1.1.0: GUI toolbars & RWY incursion detect

Postby mickybadia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi,
Thank you for decorating the thread! :-) and for the pretty shot of your screen.

PINTO wrote in Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:42 am:I want to do some custom colors and get a dark theme going.

Do not hesitate to share any cool theme you put together; check the FAQ if you need the command to use a custom Qt stylesheet.
If we agree on a pretty theme for ATC-pie, I could add it as default and/or add a stylesheet load/reload feature to the program.

PINTO wrote in Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:42 am:This is the error when I try to publish a flightplan online: [img]
I've confirmed my email/password is correct, and I've gone as far as to put data in every flightplan field I could find, but can't get it to work.

The Lenny64 query has returned an unexpected response. Most of the time this is a breach of Lenny's server rules, including:
- callsign, full dep&arr dates are mandatory
- a callsign cannot be filed in two different FPLs if their times overlap
- perhaps a few more I forgot about

If you are on the dev branch, try again with the newest commit. I have added a console dump of Lenny's response in such cases, which will give you more insight into the problem.
EDIT: version 1.1.1 now also includes this so the normal download is enough; no need to switch to the dev version.

PINTO wrote in Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:42 am:Here's my OSM download settings - it seems to fail no matter what the ratio is

Yes, this feature often fails, and there is not much info as to why either. Have you tried with a very little image, e.g. a 1x1 NM square tile? This would at least give a chance to check if the server is up.
Another reason for it to fail could also be a server-side measure avoiding service overload. I do remember reading that they had IP checks and temporary bans when detecting repeated requests. They do insist that the service only be used in a limited way. Try waiting this out for a day or so. :-/

...and caution with your phraseology: "take-off" is a strictly reserved proword which should *ONLY* appear in take-off clearances and read-backs. ;-)
Last edited by mickybadia on Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mickybadia

Re: NEW RELEASE! v1.1: GUI toolbars & RWY incursion detectio

Postby mickybadia » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:30 pm

Version update (1.1.1), including a failsafe value to avoid the problem reported with SF tickets 1927 and 1942. I would encourage to download in case this is not solved on the FG side.

And thank you vector for the following snapshots of the RWY occupation detection feature. 1: reserved; 2: incursion.
mickybadia

Postby PINTO » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:52 am

Alright, I was able to push a flightplan! I tried 1NM with the OSM downloader and it still failed.

Thanks for your help!
Actively developing the MiG-21bis (github repo) (forum thread) (dev discord) (fg wiki)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: stable

Postby Octal450 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:00 am

Love this Micky!

All setup for the festival:
http://prntscr.com/f3u4tr

Well, this is 2 of the 3 ATCPie Instances I will have running :) Across 5 monitors. I love it!
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Return to ATC-pie