Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

NEW RELEASE! (version 0.9)

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

NEW RELEASE! (version 0.9)

Postby mickybadia » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:06 pm

Hello,
A new release was packaged last night, adopting a more standard version numbering scheme by the way. I will now be playing it safe until the FSweekend demo, freezing the features and only debugging the problems if any arise in the coming month. My idea is then to integrate whatever useful feedback was collected at the event, and publish version 1.0 after that. ATC-pie will have grown up into adult software!

Newly featured in this new v0.9.1:
  • Loose strip bays: open windows (or set main window space) where you can drop and move strips freely, i.e. in an non-racked fashion. Background images can also be imported in such strip bays, e.g. to control strips by position over a ground chart instead of using an abstract sequence.
  • Rack column view: change the traditionally tabbed strip rack view (or set main window space) to a full table view of all racked strips, one column per rack. You can open new radar scopes if you set this in the main window, or detach and enlarge the strip dock if you set it there (certainly not wide enough otherwise). Strip drag&drop is enabled between ALL table and tabbed views and ALL open loose strip bays. The rack names, order and colours saved for the location are still those set in the traditional tabbed view.
  • Improved online flight plan management: you can now open and close FPLs online from their respective detail sheets (only retrieval, upload and edit were supported so far). Neat feature: unopened FPLs two hours past filed departure time will be shown as outdated; FPLs still open after due arrival will be marked in red. See down the quick reference (F1) for the new colour code reflecting all of this.
  • Editable aircraft data base: the data including ICAO types, typical cruise speed, wake turbulence cat., etc. is now sourced from an external file, which you can update (I have grepped a few files to populate it, but I would be happy if given more informed versions in the future; for the moment quite a few "-" fields signifying unknown values are present)
  • Airline liveries for AI traffic: people playing solo + tower view will appreciate the correct match between airline prefix in callsign and rendered livery. Also adjustable if you have more or less than the typical installation.

Also included:
  • NOAA weather service URL update: the expected fix to bring back weather in multi-player games;
  • mode S radar identification assistant (only XPDR code identification was featured so far);
  • WTC auto-fill button on detail sheets;
  • draw airport lines (X-plane "linear features").
Last edited by mickybadia on Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
mickybadia

Re: NEW RELEASE! (version 0.9.1)

Postby Parnikkapore » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:40 am

Personal preference: I prefer the old commands dialog Fits better with QT and takes up less space.
There are free alternatives to (almost) every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next

Re: NEW RELEASE! (version 0.9)

Postby mickybadia » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:12 pm

Bumped to 0.9.2, mostly to correct a few bugs detected.
Added by the way: position history trace and configurable course/hdg line fly time (under each radar scope). Also, occasional font problem in info boxes (chopped text) finally busted I think. Radar tags should now look pretty for all users.

Still trying to refrain from too substantial changes before demo, but do report if any problems, even if minor...
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie