Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

Sector file import of sections Geo, SID, STAR, ARTCC

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

Sector file import of sections Geo, SID, STAR, ARTCC

Postby mickybadia » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:57 am

The latest r10h version enhances the sectorExtract script to include more sections of .sct sector files.
You will now be able to extract and translate diagrams automatically for the contained sections: GEO, SID, STAR and ARTCC*.

For those needing help with it, start with the FAQ.

README file wrote:The script produces a list of hand drawings for all objects detected in the input and within
a given a map coverage. Objects are grouped by name or whatever was readable in the source
data, but the generated files and objects still need filtering, renaming, splitting/merging
and redacting to suit your liking. Drawn objects all include a reference to an originating
source line number in their names for easier identification.
mickybadia

Re: Sector file import of sections Geo, SID, STAR, ARTCC

Postby Hooray » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:17 pm

where did you get the source data from ?
This kind of info would probably also come in handy to display as part of the built-in map dialog, and via the Canvas system, we can easily draw all sorts of vector imagery - e.g. the runways/taxiways are also procedurally drawn at runtime:

Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby mickybadia » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:04 pm

Technically speaking, I have no source data, only its format. But many people hold such .sct files, especially those controlling in VATSIM or so which requires/provides some. And this script (available with ATC-pie download) allows them to extract the drawing data and translate it to the ATC-pie format to show them there too.

I neither wanted to source from .sct directly, nor to package any because as far as I know it is not free data, it would bring a lot of redundancy with the X-plane source, and it is just as ugly if not more. Only advantage is that it has a lot of stuff that is outside of airport specs: standard procedure diagrams, airspace boundaries, etc.
mickybadia

Postby Hooray » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:21 am

I see, thanks for clarifying
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby Hooray » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:50 pm

mickybadia wrote in Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:04 pm:Technically speaking, I have no source data, only its format. But many people hold such .sct files, especially those controlling in VATSIM or so which requires/provides some. And this script (available with ATC-pie download) allows them to extract the drawing data and translate it to the ATC-pie format to show them there too.

I neither wanted to source from .sct directly, nor to package any because as far as I know it is not free data, it would bring a lot of redundancy with the X-plane source, and it is just as ugly if not more. Only advantage is that it has a lot of stuff that is outside of airport specs: standard procedure diagrams, airspace boundaries, etc.

Thought, the following might be of interest to you (it's public domain data for the US-only): http://wiki.flightgear.org/FG1000#Airpo ... -_only_.29
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Return to ATC-pie