Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

NEW RELEASE! (r9) incl. student-teacher tutoring connection

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

NEW RELEASE! (r9) incl. student-teacher tutoring connection

Postby mickybadia » Mon May 09, 2016 7:55 am

Hello,
I have released a new ATC-pie package last night, and as usual updated the wiki pages (main, user guide, and a newly separate FAQ article).

The major addition is the tutorial game type, made to enable a teacher and a student to connect for planned training sessions. As was announced here, the teacher simulates traffic, weather, and ATC neighbours to create situations for the student. The way to do it is quite identical to instructing in solo games. The teacher can also save and recall traffic situation snapshots at runtime to rewind and replay from any saved traffic layout. Read the feature note section in the user guide for more details!

Release updates never come without a few more features, which this time include:
- holding instruction and AI holding in solo (and now teacher!) games;
- OpenStreetMap download helper for radar background images;
- wake turbulence cat. detail on strips and flight plans;
- some rework of the GUI, settings, etc. you will like it better ;-)

Future work [1] is intended to revolve around [2] ground control, for which the support is a little behind at the moment.

Have fun.

----
[1] a typical expression used to avoid committing to deadlines
[2] a typical expression used to avoid committing to features
mickybadia

Re: NEW RELEASE! (r9) incl. student-teacher tutoring connect

Postby jaxsin » Wed May 11, 2016 11:30 am

Nice, been so busy I have not got time to even enjoy the sim. I like the idea of student-teacher tutoring. Now, where are all the teachers? :D
jaxsin

Return to ATC-pie