Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

r8b and Lenny64 API modifications

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

r8b and Lenny64 API modifications

Postby mickybadia » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:59 pm

Today's upgrade r8b is mostly to adjust to Lenny64's specification changes (interface with flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net). All operations now authenticate with your "ATC dashboard" email+pwd, whether for FPL management or session announcement.

The advantage for you is that announced sessions become editable from Lenny's website once posted since they are correctly linked to your online account. Incidentally, things are more straightforward for new users: there is no extra ID to ask for and the ATC-pie settings to fill are identical to the "dashboard" login. Those of you who already had a "FPL manager ID":
1. can forget it straight after pulling/downloading r8b;
2. will have to refill the settings with the new authentication method: ATC email & password (saved encrypted).

A small extra feature was added too: "draw additional airport" under the radar screen, useful to visualise the size and runway layout of a neighbouring field without starting a parallel ATC-pie session or looking for external documentation. Warning: the application may freeze for a couple of seconds when drawing an airport for the first time ever.
mickybadia

Re: r8b and Lenny64 API modifications

Postby mickybadia » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:12 am

Also, the font issue which occasionally resulted in clipped text in the radar boxes should be fixed for all hosts/configurations. Report if otherwise.
mickybadia

Re: r8b and Lenny64 API modifications

Postby mickybadia » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:40 pm

Quick apology: the r8b version that was up for the last two days was truncated. I must have missed a stall while I was uploading. I have uploaded a new (complete) one that you will have to download instead.

Thank you cain for reporting this.
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie