Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

NEW RELEASE! (r6) incl. tower viewing

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

NEW RELEASE! (r6) incl. tower viewing

Postby mickybadia » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Okay, phew!

A new release "r6" is available for ATC-pie, and has been updated on all channels. Its major feature addition is the live tower viewer, which I am very happy to say works for all multi-player AND SOLO game modes. I find this a very cool feature to offer as there is no advanced free software allowing for such realistic solo towering, as far as I know. Playing with the options you can also connect multiple views if you want to see an aeroplane take off from the end of a runway or something :-p

As usual check the updated wiki page and feature note I have added. Other interesting improvements are multiple weather stations and multiple radar screens.

This pretty much achieves all the dreams I had last October when I started this project from scratch. So besides bug sweeping and such necessary maintenance (like including the FGCom update coming up, solving the CPU load problem), I think I will take a dev break for now. I would like to use my time to PLAY with it (and meet you more often on the network), instead of improving it with every second I have to spare. Of course it has been very addicting and I remember saying that several times already, but after this I do not have any revolutionary ideas that seem really important or reasonable. If I need work I would rather go on with the videos or whatever. Anyway, enough of this.

Thank you to all identified testers and the useful feedback, and a special thanks to Lenny64 whose interest and encouragement was the first, and CaptB and vector whose early adoption gave the motivating feeling that this was not all just for me.

Have fun and (make) fly safe.
mickybadia

Re: NEW RELEASE! (r6) incl. tower viewing

Postby mickybadia » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:33 am

Hello,
Sorry for those -- should this be plural? ;-) -- who were on Windows and had FlightGear installed on a different drive to ATC-pie's, and I suspect there would have been other situations. An update is available (r6c), in which the FG root dir can be selected, which will save them some trouble when opening the tower viewer. I really should have thought of this straight away, but you know how life works...

If you download/pull r6c, you will also enjoy a fresh aiport picker finally replacing the forever-disabled combo box you were probably wondering about. With it you can search world airports by name when filling strips or flight plans. Some pilots say destination by name and you do not know the code for it. Type in a few letters and click on the "..." button to search by name. You then just have to select from the list if more than one match is found.

...and flight rules on the strips prefixing the route line.

Ta!
mickybadia

Re: NEW RELEASE! (r6) incl. tower viewing

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:31 pm

Ah, is there instructions anywhere on getting from scratch (no python no qt5 or anything) to ATCing? Windows 7?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Return to ATC-pie