Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

NEW RELEASE! (r5) incl. route conflict detection

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

NEW RELEASE! (r5) incl. route conflict detection

Postby mickybadia » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:00 pm

Hello everybody,

A new release was staged for upload but SourceForge services have been down for some time and since just when I was going to upload. Frustrating... Only the public project pages have come back, and apparently the problem is serious enough to only hope the upload and Git facilities to be back late next week at best. So I have decided to make it available anyway (some of you might want to enjoy it this present Sunday, and I am out flying next week-end), and update the wiki page nonetheless.

The major addition in this release (r5) is the detection of route/path conflicts (near miss anticipation) and its warning system, which now allows for convenient en-route (CTR) control. See the feature description on the wiki and a screenshot.

Also worth mentioning:
- customisable radar colours---screens and preferences differ, and colour choice is important to a lot of people
- finalising the routing system, in particular for convenient en-route control (CTR): route drawing on the scope, shift+click on navpoints to modify assigned route, etc.
- custom by-contact text aliases for more text chat productivity (some use it intensively).

I will be pushing to the SF repos and changing the tarball download button as soon as I can but for now:
- those who want a tarball to extract without bothering with Git: download here [EDIT2: removed link, see SF project page now service has resumed]
- Git people can use the mirror repos at GitLab (praise stable service!): https://gitlab.com/atc-pie/atc-pie.git [EDIT1: though access is still being suspended now and then, I have been able to push to the SourceForge repos a while back so if you were set up there it is probably worth trying a pull before changing anything]

WARNING:
I have moved the airport-specific settings to unclutter the settings directory, so if you want to restore your airport settings you should execute the following command from the ATC-pie directory:
Code: Select all
mv -v settings/????.ini settings/apt/

EDIT3: updated wiki link; section had moved to different page
Last edited by mickybadia on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mickybadia

Re: NEW RELEASE! (r5) incl. route conflict detection

Postby mickybadia » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:52 am

To those asking how to customise radar colours, have a look at the settings/Notice file. You'll learn the trick is to edit the #RRGGBB values in the colours.ini file, which gets generated on first run. Apologies for implementing and only poorly documenting.

You can start a thread here with a screenshot of your art if you find a revolutionary colour arrangement.

I'll add a "tip" on the wiki page about this.
mickybadia

Postby mickybadia » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:26 am

Update r5b available, downloadable here until SourceForge file upload service comes back up [EDIT: SourceForge back online; link restored to the project page for download]. Repositories are in sync.

Change log:
- addressed a few Mac bugs (thank you 689)
- more powerful custom text chat aliases
- better flight plan list filtering
mickybadia

Postby mickybadia » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:27 pm

OK, SourceForge file upload service is now back up.
See the project page for latest (tarball) download!
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie