Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

NEW RELEASE! (r4) incl. solo mode

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

NEW RELEASE! (r4) incl. solo mode

Postby mickybadia » Thu May 21, 2015 10:26 pm

At last.
In the many many months (that is, four) that ATC-pie has lived, I had never waited for two months before a significant update. I guess it means achievements come further apart as features become less basic.

Anyhow, here it is. All is updated: stable branches for git people (you may git pull to update), download button on SourceForge project site, and the wiki page.

The obviously main new feature is the solo training mode, discussed in the recently active thread of this forum. Other details or GUI changes may have occurred, hopefully for the better. :-) I have also packaged an example file set for the de factoKSFO sandbox to illustrate the radar background drawing system, as a few questions kept coming despite the wiki help and Notice file.

You can comment here, review on sourceforge, etc.
Now I shall be leaving for a long week-end, leaving the feedback to pile up for when I get back on Monday.

I hope you have a lot of fun!
Last edited by mickybadia on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
mickybadia

Re: NEW RELEASE! incl. solo mode

Postby mickybadia » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Note for those watching this thread: ATC-pie has been updated with a little bug fix, so latest version is today's. Check your "About" dialog if you want to make sure you are up to date. Also a few extra text aliases to discover.

Phraseo now improved for both MP and solo modes.
mickybadia

Postby massima » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:15 pm

I'm noob, i've read the wiki and i understand it is an airport tower tasks simulator. I cannot use it in FG to request taxing, landing, taking off, naviagation requests while i'm flying offline. Is it right?
massima

Callsign: M-AXX
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby mickybadia » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:17 pm

massima wrote in Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:15 pm:I'm noob, i've read the wiki and i understand it is an airport tower tasks simulator. I cannot use it in FG to request taxing, landing, taking off, naviagation requests while i'm flying offline. Is it right?

If you want an ATC simulator for pilots to fly/taxi as if communicating with a controller, you are right, this is not your solution (and I suspect you will not find any clever enough to actually manage traffic). ATC-pie rather is a radar simulator for controllers to manage traffic, either connected to the multi-player network (then controlling human pilots) or playing solo (then controlling software-simulated aircraft).
mickybadia

Postby massima » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:58 pm

mickybadia wrote in Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:17 pm:If you want an ATC simulator for pilots to fly/taxi as if communicating with a controller, you are right, this is not your solution (and I suspect you will not find any clever enough to actually manage traffic). ATC-pie rather is a radar simulator for controllers to manage traffic, either connected to the multi-player network (then controlling human pilots) or playing solo (then controlling software-simulated aircraft).

Thank you for reply. It could be great to have a software in the FG core to comunicate off line directly with a controller :roll: .
massima

Callsign: M-AXX
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby mickybadia » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:43 pm

And another bug-fix update today.
Have fun.
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie