Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

Interested in a solo training mode?

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

Re: Interested in a solo training mode?

Postby simbambim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:48 am

I'm not able to access either the master or the dev branch.
Fly on VATSIM and die.
simbambim

Version: 3.2

Postby simbambim » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:37 am

Ok, the gray-out bug is gone and the sounds are working.

I know I asked for the aircraft appearance to be more random, but now I got a better idea. How about the user setting the number of aircraft random within a certain range? I’m asking this because I often find myself counting whether I’ve got “all” my aircraft or I have to expect someone appearing soon.

Handoffs from TWR are still not separated.

If assigned initial climb before takeoff, the altitude in the info box immediately starts increasing as if the aircraft was climbing even though it’s still on the ground. So it’s not possible to see the actual altitude once it does start climbing.

How about giving the QNH in the text chat when descending them below TL?

Could you add seconds to the clock in the right bottom corner? (for easier departure spacing)

If I have several aircraft holding short of the runway and I line up one of them, then later clear for takeoff another one, it should refuse the clearance because there’s another aircraft on the runway. Likewise, a landing aircraft should refuse a landing clearance (with the landing one it’s possible that he can’t see it, but then we’re going to have a collision).
Fly on VATSIM and die.
simbambim

Postby mickybadia » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:16 pm

I have placed tickets on the project page for the bugs you have found. Do not hesitate to report anything unquestionably buggy that way, as they are easier to track than mere forum threads.

I'll revise the randomiser for more control. OK for the QNH in FL-to-alt clearances, and seconds to the clock.

simbambim wrote in Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:37 am:If I have several aircraft holding short of the runway and I line up one of them, then later clear for takeoff another one, it should refuse the clearance because there’s another aircraft on the runway. Likewise, a landing aircraft should refuse a landing clearance (with the landing one it’s possible that he can’t see it, but then we’re going to have a collision).

I tried to keep instruction rejections to a minimum as they are not realistic. Those implemented are mostly trivial (probably GUI-induced) mistakes like clearing an arrival for take-off. I would not like to start having pilots teach you your task even if you are doing it wrong. My idea was rather to eventually extend the solo mode with, if not a full scoring system as such, at least alarms for things like separation loss, RWY incursions, etc. You would then learn from the GUI-reported mistakes, but not be kept from making them.
mickybadia

Postby simbambim » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:57 pm

mickybadia wrote in Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:16 pm:I tried to keep instruction rejections to a minimum as they are not realistic.

A blunder like that by ATC is not realistic, you mean. :mrgreen:
A departure who is sent to takeoff from a busy runway would definitely object.
An arrival possibly wouldn't (to his own detriment).
The idea was to alert the ATC when doing something obviously wrong (physically impossible in the case of the two departures), as currently the pilots object even to much less serious mistakes.
Not insisting though, just food for thought.
Fly on VATSIM and die.
simbambim

Previous

Return to ATC-pie