Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

NEW RELEASE! (r2) incl. handover feature

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

NEW RELEASE! (r2) incl. handover feature

Postby mickybadia » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Dear ATC enthusiasts,

I am pleased to announce a new version of ATC-pie, including all sorts of minor things but above all the feature I have always considered the most important milestone: the HANDOVER feature. Please read the updated wiki page to understand how it interacts with other ATCs.

I am happy to have ATC-pie integrated in the fully multiplayer environment a controller deserves. I am also grateful for the time Wolfram could spend with me on this, and hope we have managed to offer continuous ATC coordination on FlightGear while still respecting both programs' philosophies.

Have fun.
Last edited by mickybadia on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
mickybadia

Re: NEW RELEASE! incl. handover feature

Postby Hooray » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:48 am

Indeed, that's pretty cool - and I applaud the developers involved in this to actually collaborate, despite those efforts having been considered to be "competitive" in nature by many others. So this is a good example for the power of open source and collaboration, even when people believe in different approaches/technology stacks.

I do hope that this is just the beginning of future coordination and collaboration among both projects - given the IVAO/VATSIM situation, there could be many cool ideas implemented with an open source/FG focus if both projects manage to collaborate more often.

And -who knows- maybe, this will even help resurrect the fgms debate, or help come up with an alternate MP implementation at some point, with ATC and flight plans being a "first class concept" right from the get-go ?
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Re: NEW RELEASE! incl. handover feature

Postby mickybadia » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:10 pm

Hello!

Hooray wrote in Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:48 am:And -who knows- maybe, this will even help resurrect the fgms debate, or help come up with an alternate MP implementation at some point, with ATC and flight plans being a "first class concept" right from the get-go ?

Still being new in many respects here, not sure if "the fgms debate" refers to something in particular in the FG community, many discussions have certainly taken place already. But if the FGMS protocol was to be put to new discussions, I would indeed be happy to speak for the controllers alongside Wolfram and continue ensuring a comfortable existence on the network for everybody. A few concepts still unaddressed by FGMS indeed become first class the minute ATC does (for now we are still aircraft models not moving lol).
mickybadia

Return to ATC-pie