Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

Is ATC-PIE available for Mac?

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

Re: Is ATC-PIE available for Mac?

Postby mickybadia » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:53 am

Hello and welcome ;-)

Coolstuff55 wrote in Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:50 am:to get altitude, speed and heading, you can drag/shift+drag, but I can't seem to do this. I followed exactly what he did but it doesn't do anything. Is there a setting that I need to change or something?

To vector (instruct) as in Tutorial 5, you can click and drag. I'd say you have probably not linked the radar point (aircraft) to a strip. It makes no sense to vector a radar signal picked up that is not in contact with you. If you have any further problem after this please start a new topic so we can keep things organised.

Coolstuff55 wrote in Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:50 am:Is there anyway I can write a startup code or something in my dock to open this with one click, without typing into terminal every time?

There must be a way to create a shortcut for a command but you'll need a Mac person for that. If you find how or if someone helps on this, make sure you set it to work from the program's working directory.

Have fun.
mickybadia

Postby 689 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:00 pm

Hey, sorry for reviving this old thread, but here is the method of how to create a so called shortcut for Mac users.

1. Launch up Applescript Editor (search in spotlight)

2. Type in code below and replace the ICAO code:

Code: Select all
tell application "Terminal"
do script "cd /Applications/ATC-pie/;./ATC-pie.py KSFO"
end tell

3. Save as Application, so next time you can click on it and run the software automatically.
I mostly do Air Traffic Control in EDDS Stuttgart Airport (hkEDDS). hkATC on mumble@allfex
EDDS Air Traffic Controller Hub
http://techmastary.net/fg/edds.html

Callsign: hkATC/D689
Version: 3.4

Postby airzona » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:02 pm

Just for clarification, I followed the brew instructions from page 2 and my installation went okay (Mac 10.11.3). The problem I had was adding the path to PyQt5 and not knowing where it was and how to add it. Here's what got me up and running:

1. If you used the homebrew instructions from page 2 of this thread, verify you have this path on your system:
    /usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages
    If not, you need to find where homebrew installed python3
  2. IMPORTANT: To the end of your ~/.bashrc (your system could be using ~/.bash_profile instead -- mine is) add:
    export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH
  3. If the PYTHONPATH above doesn't match what you found in step 1, change it to match what you found in step 1
  4. Close your Terminal window, open and new window, then trying starting ./ATC-pie again.

Hope that is helpful for someone! :D
"power corrupts. powerpoint corrupts absolutely." -edward tufte
airzona

Callsign: airzona

Postby alexm8002 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:24 am

Hi,
I'm on OSX El Capitan and got stuck for a while with ATC-pie.
For those who made a clean install of Python3 and QT5 with home-brew like I did, here is a script for launching ATC-pie.
Copy it to Applescript and save as "application" directly in the ATC-pie root folder.
display dialog "Enter Airport ICAO" default answer "KSFO"
set icao to text returned of result
tell application "Finder"
   set UnixPath to POSIX path of ((path to me as text) & "::")
end tell
do shell script "cd" & " " & UnixPath & " " & "cd '' && '/usr/local/bin/python3.5' " & "ATC-pie.py" & " " & icao
return
alexm8002

Postby G-UNTER » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:00 pm

I followed ALL of 689's steps, but it says "ImportError: No module named 'PyQt5' :?
I've already installed pyqt5, and when i tried again it says it already exists. Pls Help!

./ATC-pie.py KSFO (<-- what I typed)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./ATC-pie.py", line 30, in <module>
from PyQt5.QtWidgets import QApplication
ImportError: No module named 'PyQt5'

EDIT: I'm going to uninstall and reinstall. I can't believe I didn't think of that earlier :P. I'll tell you if it worked! By the way I typed cd /Applications/ATC-pie AND THEN brew install pyqt5.
EDIT 2: I typed 'brew uninstall pyqt5' and then reinstalled it, but it didn't work!! I'm on OSX El Capitan by the way.
EDIT 3: I got it, but not through terminal. I ran the actual ATC-pie.py module itself. Tks anyways!
G-UNTER

Callsign: G-UNTER
Version: 2020.3.3

Postby G-UNTER » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:15 am

Does this all work on OSX Maverics?
Join the Official Flightgear Discord: https://discord.gg/kzAt8JE6mK
G-UNTER

Callsign: G-UNTER
Version: 2020.3.3

Postby abcaster » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:08 am

G-UNTER wrote in Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:15 am:Does this all work on OSX Maverics?

Yes! I managed to do a short test run yesterday!
abcaster

Callsign: LNRCX
Version: 2018.2.0

Previous

Return to ATC-pie