Board index FlightGear Support Tools ATC-pie

Is ATC-PIE available for Mac?

ATC-pie is a radar air traffic control simulation program for the FlightGear multi-player network.

Re: Is ATC-PIE available for Mac?

Postby Definee » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:18 pm

I am not able and willing to be a tester anymore. I still have not got it running.
Last edited by Definee on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fly JAFVA
N3362C
F-36
"To some people the sky is the limit, to those who love aviation, The sky is home."
Definee

Callsign: F_36
IRC name: Definee
Version: 3.2

Postby mickybadia » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:25 pm

Ach, Schade.
mickybadia

Postby Niki » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Somebody got it running on mac yet and can give me an instruction on how to get it work?
I've read all the previous post but wasn't able to run it.

Greetings
Niki

Version: 3.5

Postby mickybadia » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi,

I have reported your other message as a double post, as I would rather we had the existing thread carry on than repeat topics in the main forum. But this is not against the request, and I am sorry that nobody has answered. I have identified a few testers, but I am indeed like you still waiting for people to report on Mac installations.

I will follow up on this thread as soon as I have any feedback in that respect, but invite you to also try yourself and tell me/us how it goes. Have you tried installing python3-qt5? In theory, it is the only prerequisite. In practice, I do not know how easy this is done on Mac.
mickybadia

Postby Niki » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi,

ok I've deleted my other post. I will try it again and will report it to you.

Greetings
Niki

Postby 689 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:18 am

I got Mac version of ATC-pie working. Per @mickybadia request, here is how to do it.

Install homebrew from http://brew.sh/, type this in terminal.
Code: Select all
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"

After installation is finished (should take about 30 seconds to 5 minutes), install python3
brew install python3

And then follow instructions on screen. After that, install pyqt5. (should take about 3-10 minutes)
brew install pyqt5

After installation has finished, download ATC-pie, and I recommend you putting it in the Applications folder and rename it to ATC-pie

Again, open terminal and type in:
cd /Applications/ATC-pie

Remember, the forward slashes are very important so do not exclude them

Start ATC-pie using this command:
./ATC-pie.py KSFO

And protip: Don't do KSFO.

???

Profit
I mostly do Air Traffic Control in EDDS Stuttgart Airport (hkEDDS). hkATC on mumble@allfex
EDDS Air Traffic Controller Hub
http://techmastary.net/fg/edds.html

Callsign: hkATC/D689
Version: 3.4

Postby mickybadia » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:37 am

Ahah!
Thank you very much, on behalf of all those who have been asking (Definee, Niki...), and of those who will be trying and directed here.

Enjoy the software.
mickybadia

Postby Niki » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:01 am

Thank you that works perfect :D
Niki

Postby mickybadia » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:48 am

Thank you for confirming, and thank you 689 again for your post and testing time afterwards. I will improve the README with your Mac installation procedure suggestion.

Just a note to Mac users though: a few bugs were found because of the new PyQt specification linked by 689, and it seems because of small differences in the PyQt implementation for Mac as well. So an update is on the way, hopefully accounting for all this, and will be announced in this topic. If you try the program and encounter problems, send them to me (PM will be enough) so I can work on them and recover cross-platform functionality.
mickybadia

Postby VelAir » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:12 pm

I am very eager to run ATC pie and despite my very limited knowledge with computers, i am determined to run ATC-pie, so i am following these posts, which eventually made me upgrade from OSX mavericks to El Captian (because the terminal when i launched would wanted Xcode to work with and therefore i needed to upgrade to ElCaptian)
Then i launched the terminal CUT and PASTE the command line as per the instructions, there was that terminal did all the job as it was made to run.
Unzipped the ATC-pieZIP renamed and put in applications folder.
Initiated the Terminal and the output is as follows:

Last login: Sun Nov 8 21:22:18 on ttys000
Sak-MacBook:~ sak$ ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homeb ... er/install)"
It appears Homebrew is already installed. If your intent is to reinstall you
should do the following before running this installer again:
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homeb ... /uninstall)"
The current contents of /usr/local are AutoOpen.log bin Cellar CODEOFCONDUCT.md CONTRIBUTING.md etc Frameworks hw_mp_userdata include lib Library LICENSE.txt opt PortDetect.log README.md share SUPPORTERS.md .git .gitignore
Sak-MacBook:~ sak$ brew install python3
Warning: python3-3.5.0 already installed, it's just not linked
Sak-MacBook:~ sak$ brew install pyqt5
Warning: pyqt5-5.5.1 already installed
Sak-MacBook:~ sak$ cd /Applications/ATC-pie
Sak-MacBook:ATC-pie sak$ ./ATC-pie.py EDDK
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./ATC-pie.py", line 30, in <module>
from PyQt5.QtWidgets import QApplication
ImportError: No module named 'PyQt5'
Sak-MacBook:ATC-pie sak$

I have no clue how to solve further.
PLEASE HELP
Thank you
D-IVEL
VelAir

Callsign: D-IVEL
IRC name: VelAir
Version: 3.6 RC

Postby 689 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:09 pm

VelAir wrote in Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:12 pm:I have no clue how to solve further.
PLEASE HELP
Thank you
D-IVEL

Searching on google comes up with these results, see if it will help?:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1308 ... installing
I mostly do Air Traffic Control in EDDS Stuttgart Airport (hkEDDS). hkATC on mumble@allfex
EDDS Air Traffic Controller Hub
http://techmastary.net/fg/edds.html

Callsign: hkATC/D689
Version: 3.4

Postby mickybadia » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:19 pm

I am sorry this is happening if you are intending to taste the pie. I am no Mac user and do not know of the typical behaviour of install procedures, etc. However, two things:

VelAir wrote in Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:12 pm:Warning: python3-3.5.0 already installed, it's just not linked

(1) This may mean Python3 will not be found. Python3 is the program needed to run the main script when you do "./ATC-pie.py".
VelAir wrote in Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:12 pm:ImportError: No module named 'PyQt5'

(2) This means that a Python interpreter *IS* running, only not finding a module that should be installed by the second "brew" command you have run.

So before addressing (2), you should make sure that the Python running is the Python3 you have installed and not some other side-installed Python2 for instance. It would normally fail for other reasons, but please make sure. What happens if you start with the following?
python3 ATC-pie.py

What is the output of the following?
ls -l `which python3`

In any case I am not sure what is meant by "linked" in the brew lingo (1), but this may be worth reading.

If you have the same error, then it is a matter of Python3 not finding PyQt5 though brew says it is installed. Could you at least locate it on your system? Mine is at /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/PyQt5 with other libraries I have installed. If you find PyQt5 somewhere, please start an interpreter:
python3

and tell us if the path to it is in the list output by:
import sys
print(sys.path)

Mine is: ['', '/usr/lib/python3.4', '/usr/lib/python3.4/plat-x86_64-linux-gnu', '/usr/lib/python3.4/lib-dynload', '/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages', '/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages']
mickybadia

Postby VelAir » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:52 pm

As per your guidance I am submitting the OUTPUT it says
Last login: Sun Nov 15 03:59:04 on ttys000
Sak-MacBook:~ sak$ brew install pyqt5
Warning: pyqt5-5.5.1 already installed
Sak-MacBook:~ sak$ python3 ATC-pie.py
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: can't open file 'ATC-pie.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Sak-MacBook:~ sak$ ls -l `which python3`
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 9 Nov 8 19:13 /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/bin/python3 -> python3.5
Sak-MacBook:~ sak$
Sak-MacBook:~ sak$ python3
Python 3.5.0a3 (v3.5.0a3:82656e28b5e5, Mar 29 2015, 15:59:31)
[GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)] on darwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import sys
>>> print(sys.path)
['', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python35.zip', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/plat-darwin', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/lib-dynload', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/site-packages']
>>>
Thank you :-(
I hope.. i am near, but far with my Dreams of ATC-pie.
Sincerely
D-IVEL
VelAir

Callsign: D-IVEL
IRC name: VelAir
Version: 3.6 RC

Postby mickybadia » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:33 pm

VelAir wrote in Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:52 pm:
Sak-MacBook:~ sak$ python3 ATC-pie.py
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: can't open file 'ATC-pie.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

File is only not found because it is looked for in the present working directory. You should be executing the command from the ATC-pie directory, not from the Python app dir, like when you were doing "./ATC-pie.py".

Now your Python path (quoted below) is the list of directories where libraries are looked for:
VelAir wrote in Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:52 pm:['', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python35.zip', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/plat-darwin', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/lib-dynload', '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/site-packages']

The question remaining is whether the PyQt5 you have installed is somewhere in one of them. I suspect it is not, and that Python does not know where it is. Could you locate a PyQt5 somewhere on your system? For comparison, mine is at "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/PyQt5", and the basename of that path (i.e. "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages") is one of the elements of my sys.path list.

If yours is NOT present, you need to add the PyQt5 dir basename to your Python path. You should be able to see the program run with the following command (Mac/Python geeks please correct if this is wrong):
PYTHONPATH='/your/PyQt5/path/basename' python3 ATC-pie.py
mickybadia

Postby Coolstuff55 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:50 am

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums, but I just thought I tell you that i've got ATC-pie working on my Macbook Air, with the help of the great tutorial above :D :D . I was just wondering, on this YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvA3MRl ... Yb&index=5, it says that to get altitude, speed and heading, you can drag/shift+drag, but I can't seem to do this. I followed exactly what he did but it doesn't do anything. Is there a setting that I need to change or something? Just wondering, as this is one of the things that OpenRadar doesn't do, but I would love to do. Otherwise seems like a great piece of software. Is there anyway I can write a startup code or something in my dock to open this with one click, without typing into terminal every time? This is probably really basic, but i'm not so good with the terminal side of Mac, and if i've got it open, and hit keep in dock, it just keeps python in there, not ATC-pie.
Thanks in advance,
Matt :)
Coolstuff55

Callsign: ZK-MJH,ZK-HJC,CACTUS
Version: 2016.1

PreviousNext

Return to ATC-pie