Board index FlightGear Release candidates 3.0

Announcing release candidates

This is the archive of topics about the 3.0 release candidates.

Announcing release candidates

Postby someguy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Wouldn't this be a good place to announce new release candidates? True, we can compulsively check Jenkins every few hours, and eventually a new build might appear on the Downloads page. But if the developers would drop a little note right here about what was changed, we could decide whether to download yet-another-gigabyte-plus, then migrate all of our customized files to a new installation, so we can help with testing.

From the sparse notes on Jenkins, it looks like every fix specific to Windows systems will also trigger a new Mac build. RC2 and RC3 have the same timestamp. Some mirrors have RC4, others do not. Honestly, I don't know what to make of it all.
someguy

Version: 2019.1.1

Re: Announcing release candidates

Postby Johan G » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:33 pm

That is a very good point, and I fully agree. It would also be nice to know what things are supposed to be fixed between the release candidates (I honestly does not know by looking in the bug tracker).

Another thing: When people report the problems with a release candidate, could they please also report which release candidate they had those problems with. This could be useful not only for the developers, but for us other users as well. Personally I have used the version number in the name of the package (for example 3.0.0-rc1, which I am still running).
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Return to 3.0