Board index FlightGear Release candidates 3.0

Problems with 3.0 release

This is the archive of topics about the 3.0 release candidates.

Re: Problems with 3.0 release

Postby rioit » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Ok, after uncheking the "force 32bit installationn" the problem of crash is solved but the frame rating is very low; I tryed to use the minumum perform without any rendering and nothing, the problem continue. With the 2.12 i was using the best rendering perform and the frame rate was ok. The only difference is that with 3.0 I am using terrasync for the scenery and with 2.12 I had downloaded the scenery into the fg directory. It is possible that terrasync is the problem of low frame rating?
rioit

Postby Hooray » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:38 pm

please pos the HELP/ABOUT dialog info (or a screen shot)
It's possible that this is due the v2 scenery, which has some known issues - not due to TerraSync itself though.
But first of all, we need more info (frame rate, latency, HELP/ABOUT, log file etc)
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby rioit » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:53 pm

Sorry how can I attach the screen shot to the post?
rioit

Postby rioit » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:07 pm

OpenGL Vendor: Intel
OpenGL renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
OpenGL Version: 4.0.0 - Build 9.17.10.2817
GLSL Version: 4.00 - Build 9.17.10.2817
Max Texture Size: 8192
Depth Buffer Bits: 24
rioit

Postby rioit » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:20 pm

worst/average frame rate 4/5 fps worst frame delay 251 ms
rioit

Postby Hooray » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:54 pm

could you disable terrasync and only use the old ksfo scenery to check that this is due to old vs. new scenery ?
you said that your framerate was previously ok in 2.12 - what was it (fps/ms) ?
Also, have you tried the instructions at: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Debugging_extreme_lag ?
These should help you determine your best frame rate (while disabling everything else), so that you can find settings that are having a massive impact, and keep those disabled.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby rioit » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:23 pm

I have done all you told in your last post and nothing change; the framerate is veri low and it is impossible to fly.
I dont know the previusly framerate because fg was running very well so I have never checked it out.
I will reinstall the 2.12 version because the 3.0 cant work for me and I will let you know the framerate.
Thanks for your support.
rioit

Postby Hooray » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:28 pm

you should be able to have multiple versions installed in parallel - first of all, I'd suggest to disable all shaders and see if that has any effect
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby rioit » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:04 pm

ok, I have unistalled all the versions of flightgear and cleaned app data and installed just the 3.0 without terrasync and I have past in the scenary directory almost all the world that I had downloaded from the fg mirror and now is running well, without bad frame rate and with shaders and clouds and so on. Before this I have tested the 2.12 version with terrasync and had bad framerate too so that I think the problem is really terrasync.About the 777 Seattle everything is ok but during ils landing LOC is ok but when I click APP the aircraft begin to go up and down.
rioit

Previous

Return to 3.0